    to do with it now to try and recover the video clip.

    thanks
    and thanks for the help in my previous posting.
    S S, Jun 11, 2006

  2. S S

    Tim Guest

    > I had a previous post to recover corrupt files from digital memory
    > card, I got a load back using ZAR and also have tried PC Inspector. I
    > have just 1 file now that i would like to recover it was taken as a
    > video clip on a canon camera, the ZAR programme has sort of recovered
    > it in picture format but I am sure this is the video clip as it is 45
    > MB file (a bit large for a Jpeg picture). I have isolated this file
    > but would like some advice on what to do with it now to try and
    > recover the video clip.
    > thanks
    > and thanks for the help in my previous posting.

    Hi

    First thing I'd try is make a copy of the file and then change the extension
    to what you think it should be
    Could well be that simple, but on the other hand.............

    HTH

    Tim
    Tim, Jun 11, 2006

  3. S S

    aussie bongo Guest

    "S S" <> wrote in message
    >I had a previous post to recover corrupt files from digital memory card, I
    >got a load back using ZAR and also have tried PC Inspector. I have just 1
    >file now that i would like to recover it was taken as a video clip on a
    >canon camera, the ZAR programme has sort of recovered it in picture format
    >but I am sure this is the video clip as it is 45 MB file (a bit large for a
    >Jpeg picture). I have isolated this file but would like some advice on what
    >to do with it now to try and recover the video clip.
    >
    > thanks
    > and thanks for the help in my previous posting.

    change the extention from JPG to AVI
    if it is a movie file this sometimes work wonders.
    aussie bongo, Jun 11, 2006
  4. S S

    S S Guest

    "aussie bongo" <> wrote in message

    > "S S" <> wrote in message
    >>I had a previous post to recover corrupt files from digital memory card, I
    >>got a load back using ZAR and also have tried PC Inspector. I have just 1
    >>file now that i would like to recover it was taken as a video clip on a
    >>canon camera, the ZAR programme has sort of recovered it in picture format
    >>but I am sure this is the video clip as it is 45 MB file (a bit large for
    >>a Jpeg picture). I have isolated this file but would like some advice on
    >>what to do with it now to try and recover the video clip.
    >>
    >> thanks
    >> and thanks for the help in my previous posting.
    >>

    > change the extention from JPG to AVI
    > if it is a movie file this sometimes work wonders.

    I have tried a few options on this but probably got it wrong...
    Original file name = i00206
    Tried AVI_i2006
    Tried i2006.AVI
    Tried 2006_AVI

    Any suggestions on other extensions, The clip has got to be in the file at
    45MB, largest the camera takes for a Jpeg is just over 1MB

    S S, Jun 12, 2006
  5. S S

    Tim Guest

    > "aussie bongo" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "S S" <> wrote in message
    >>> I had a previous post to recover corrupt files from digital memory
    >>> card, I got a load back using ZAR and also have tried PC Inspector.
    >>> I have just 1 file now that i would like to recover it was taken as
    >>> a video clip on a canon camera, the ZAR programme has sort of
    >>> recovered it in picture format but I am sure this is the video clip
    >>> as it is 45 MB file (a bit large for a Jpeg picture). I have
    >>> isolated this file but would like some advice on what to do with it
    >>> now to try and recover the video clip. thanks
    >>> and thanks for the help in my previous posting.
    >>>

    >> change the extention from JPG to AVI
    >> if it is a movie file this sometimes work wonders.

    > I have tried a few options on this but probably got it wrong...
    > Original file name = i00206
    > Tried AVI_i2006
    > Tried i2006.AVI
    > Tried 2006_AVI
    >
    > Any suggestions on other extensions, The clip has got to be in the
    > file at 45MB, largest the camera takes for a Jpeg is just over 1MB

    Hi

    Try all the obvious movie files eg

    ..mpeg
    ..mpg
    ..mov
    ..wmv

    It's a quick & easy thing to do so worth a go
    http://www.fileinfo.net/filetypes/video is a list of a whole bunch more -
    most are pretty obscure though

    However if your camera usually created avi files then you have more of a
    problem on your hands :-(

    HTH

    Tim
    Tim, Jun 12, 2006
  6. S S

    S S Guest

    "Tim" <no > wrote in message
    >> "aussie bongo" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "S S" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> change the extention from JPG to AVI
    >>> if it is a movie file this sometimes work wonders.

    >> I have tried a few options on this but probably got it wrong...
    >> Original file name = i00206
    >> Tried AVI_i2006
    >> Tried i2006.AVI
    >> Tried 2006_AVI
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on other extensions, The clip has got to be in the
    >> file at 45MB, largest the camera takes for a Jpeg is just over 1MB

    > Hi
    >
    > Try all the obvious movie files eg
    >
    > .mpeg
    > .mpg
    > .mov
    > .wmv
    >
    > It's a quick & easy thing to do so worth a go
    > http://www.fileinfo.net/filetypes/video is a list of a whole bunch more -
    > most are pretty obscure though
    >
    > However if your camera usually created avi files then you have more of a
    > problem on your hands :-(
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Tim

    It did create avi files, I tried the ones above and still no luck. I am
    determined to get access as it is that 45Mb file.

    S S, Jun 12, 2006