    Does anyone have a workaround for this? I just installed a new
    80GB drive and would like to increase this to about 10GB.

    TIA.

    Cloud Burst, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Cloud Burst

    °Mike° Guest

    What on earth for?

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:49:18 GMT, in
    <>
    Cloud Burst scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2003

  3. In article <>, Cloud Burst
    says...
    > Does anyone have a workaround for this? I just installed a new
    > 80GB drive and would like to increase this to about 10GB.

    Storing files in the recycle bin is like storing your testicles in a
    shark tank.

    Make a folder. Name it "Bin".

    --
    Daniel Ruscoe
    http://dualstone.co.uk/nonprofit.php

    Daniel Ruscoe, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Cloud Burst

    Richard Guest

    Cloud Burst wrote:

    > Does anyone have a workaround for this? I just installed a new
    > 80GB drive and would like to increase this to about 10GB.

    > TIA.

    Why?

    The recylce bin should not be used for storage.
    Just partition the drive and use it properly.

    Richard, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Cloud Burst

    Ionizer Guest

    "Daniel Ruscoe" <> wrote in message

    > Storing files in the recycle bin is like storing your testicles in a
    > shark tank.

    Eeek! Makes me happy that my wife settles for keeping mine in a drawer.

    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 21, 2003
  6. Cloud Burst

    Cloud Burst Guest

    >Make a folder. Name it "Bin".

    Good idea.

    Thanks.

    Cloud Burst, Oct 21, 2003
  7. Cloud Burst

    Tiny Tim Guest

    Cloud Burst wrote:
    >> Make a folder. Name it "Bin".

    > Good idea.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You still won't get 10GB unless you got to NTFS and you won't get that with
    Win 98.

    --
    Email replies will not be read. Please reply to newsgroup.
    For my PlusNet referral please click here http://tinyurl.com/r4ho

    Tiny Tim, Oct 21, 2003
  8. Cloud Burst

    Tiny Tim Guest

    Tiny Tim wrote:
    > Cloud Burst wrote:
    >>> Make a folder. Name it "Bin".

    >> Good idea.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > You still won't get 10GB unless you got to NTFS and you won't get
    > that with Win 98.

    Doh! Of course you'll get a directory that can hold 10GB or more. I was
    thinking back to the original problem. FAT16 file limit is 2GB. FAT32 file
    limit is 4GB. AIUI the recycle bin is a single file/database, which is why
    you hit the 2GB limit - I suspect. Although why you would have FAT16, if
    indeed you do, I cannot imagine.

    Tiny Tim, Oct 21, 2003
  9. If no one's gonna answer it, I'll give it a shot.

    Right click on the recycle bin. There is a slider which allows you to
    adjust the size. If there is no slider, there is an update you can install
    at Microsoft.

    Rusty

    Rusty Shackleford, Oct 21, 2003
  10. Cloud Burst

    Tiny Tim Guest

    > "Cloud Burst" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone have a workaround for this? I just installed a new
    >> 80GB drive and would like to increase this to about 10GB.
    >>
    >> TIA.

    Perhaps this will give a clue to the problem -
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247270

    Tiny Tim, Oct 21, 2003
  11. Cloud Burst

    Cloud Burst Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:39:34 GMT, "Rusty Shackleford" <> wrote:

    >If no one's gonna answer it, I'll give it a shot.
    >
    >Right click on the recycle bin. There is a slider which allows you to
    >adjust the size. If there is no slider, there is an update you can install
    >at Microsoft.
    >
    >Rusty

    Thanks, but the problem is not the non-existence of the
    slider bar, but the 1.99GB limit.

    Much appreciated -- it's the thought that counts.

    I already have my answer from a previous posting.

    CB

    Cloud Burst, Oct 22, 2003
  12. Cloud Burst

    Cloud Burst Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:01:02 +0100, "Tiny Tim" <> wrote:

    >Perhaps this will give a clue to the problem -
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247270

    Thank you very much for taking the time to research this,
    but the above link applies to Windows NT.

    Cloud Burst, Oct 22, 2003