    it does come up with the word capitalized. Same for a lot of proper names.

    Just felt like sharing on some progress I saw,
    Tono
    Tono, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Tono

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/5/2004 12:22 PM Tono wrote:
    > I asked that they fix spell checker finding a word like "monday", (which
    > should be capitalized), and coming up with no suggested spellings. Now
    > it does come up with the word capitalized. Same for a lot of proper names.

    Did they add Mozilla, Thunderbird, Firebird, or Firefox by any chance? :-D

    --
    Brian
    .BRIAN., Apr 5, 2004

  3. Tono

    Tono Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > On 4/5/2004 12:22 PM Tono wrote:
    >
    >> I asked that they fix spell checker finding a word like "monday",
    >> (which should be capitalized), and coming up with no suggested
    >> spellings. Now it does come up with the word capitalized. Same for a
    >> lot of proper names.
    >>

    > Did they add Mozilla, Thunderbird, Firebird, or Firefox by any chance? :-D

    No, not yet. Maybe they never heard of those names? I'm not
    complaining though, Mozilla didn't cost me much anyway. :-D

    Tono
    Tono, Apr 5, 2004
  4. Tono

    Moz Champion Guest

    Tono wrote:

    > .BRIAN. wrote:
    >
    >> On 4/5/2004 12:22 PM Tono wrote:
    >>
    >>> I asked that they fix spell checker finding a word like "monday",
    >>> (which should be capitalized), and coming up with no suggested
    >>> spellings. Now it does come up with the word capitalized. Same for
    >>> a lot of proper names.
    >>>

    >> Did they add Mozilla, Thunderbird, Firebird, or Firefox by any
    >> chance? :-D

    > No, not yet. Maybe they never heard of those names? I'm not
    > complaining though, Mozilla didn't cost me much anyway. :-D
    >
    > Tono

    You can add the word yourself. Simply click on Add Word.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Apr 5, 2004
  5. Tono

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/5/2004 5:36 PM Moz Champion wrote:
    > Tono wrote:
    >
    >> .BRIAN. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Did they add Mozilla, Thunderbird, Firebird, or Firefox by any
    >>> chance? :-D

    >> No, not yet. Maybe they never heard of those names? I'm not
    >> complaining though, Mozilla didn't cost me much anyway. :-D

    > You can add the word yourself. Simply click on Add Word.

    I know, and I have ;-) But I've always found it rather humorous that
    the Mozilla dictionary doesn't contain the word 'Mozilla'.

    --
    Brian
    .BRIAN., Apr 5, 2004
  6. Tono

    Moz Champion Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > On 4/5/2004 5:36 PM Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Tono wrote:

    >>> No, not yet. Maybe they never heard of those names? I'm not
    >>> complaining though, Mozilla didn't cost me much anyway. :-D

    >> You can add the word yourself. Simply click on Add Word.
    >>

    > I know, and I have ;-) But I've always found it rather humorous that
    > the Mozilla dictionary doesn't contain the word 'Mozilla'.

    The Mozilla dictionary isnt written by Mozilla, it was adapted from a dictionary available from open sources.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Apr 5, 2004
  7. Tono

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/5/2004 6:53 PM Moz Champion wrote:

    > The Mozilla dictionary isnt written by Mozilla, it was adapted from a
    > dictionary available from open sources.

    OK. You mean to tell me that you don't find it funny at all? :)

    --
    Brian
    .BRIAN., Apr 6, 2004
  8. Tono

    Moz Champion Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > On 4/5/2004 6:53 PM Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> The Mozilla dictionary isnt written by Mozilla, it was adapted from a
    >> dictionary available from open sources.

    > OK. You mean to tell me that you don't find it funny at all? :)

    Um, no. Should I? <g>

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Apr 6, 2004
  9. Tono

    Tono Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:

    > Tono wrote:
    >
    >> .BRIAN. wrote:

    >>> Did they add Mozilla, Thunderbird, Firebird, or Firefox by any
    >>> chance? :-D

    >> No, not yet. Maybe they never heard of those names? I'm not
    >> complaining though, Mozilla didn't cost me much anyway. :-D
    >>
    >> Tono

    > You can add the word yourself. Simply click on Add Word.

    Yes, I know. Actually it wasn't long ago when that feature didn't work
    for me either. I forget what version it was, but I could add a word to
    the dictionary 20 times and it would still peg it as a misspelling.

    And like Brian wrote, it's just plain funny that those particular words
    were missed! :) And it used to try to fix spelling mistakes of the
    people you quoted, that is fixed also. Now if I can get them to skip
    spellchecking the very top line in a quoted text, the name before the "
    wrote:" like here "Moz" came up, but I didn't write that!

    Tono
    Tono, Apr 6, 2004
  10. Tono wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Tono wrote:

    >>> No, not yet. Maybe they never heard of those names? I'm not
    >>> complaining though, Mozilla didn't cost me much anyway. :-D
    >>>
    >>> Tono

    >> You can add the word yourself. Simply click on Add Word.

    > Yes, I know. Actually it wasn't long ago when that feature didn't work
    > for me either. I forget what version it was, but I could add a word to
    > the dictionary 20 times and it would still peg it as a misspelling.
    >
    > And like Brian wrote, it's just plain funny that those particular words
    > were missed! :) And it used to try to fix spelling mistakes of the
    > people you quoted, that is fixed also. Now if I can get them to skip
    > spellchecking the very top line in a quoted text, the name before the "
    > wrote:" like here "Moz" came up, but I didn't write that!
    >
    > Tono

    Well it may be funny, and it kind of is, but Moz used the dictionary
    from OpenOffice.org for their spellchecker, rather then build a new one
    from scratch. Its an example of open source sharing.

    Just add in amy words you need to your custom dictionary.

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org