    being laze.
    But thanks anyway!

    /Stefan, Sweden

    Stefan Ahlgren, Feb 16, 2005

  2. > What is the difference between 1.7.5 and Firefox? If this issue already
    > has been discussed in this group, I appologize for being laze.

    Okay, I was not that lazY after all, I did some reading.

    Firefox: a web browser.
    Mozilla: a complete suite with a lot of other applications.

    Right?
    /Stefan

    Stefan Ahlgren, Feb 16, 2005

  3. Stefan Ahlgren wrote:
    > > What is the difference between 1.7.5 and Firefox? If this issue

    already
    > > has been discussed in this group, I appologize for being laze.

    > Okay, I was not that lazY after all, I did some reading.
    >
    > Firefox: a web browser.
    > Mozilla: a complete suite with a lot of other applications.
    >
    > Right?
    > /Stefan

    Correct.
    In fact, the Moz suite comes with a web page composer, a Mail thing
    (that also
    does usenet), an address book, calendar, chat, messager, palm sync,
    etc.
    Be less "laze", it helps.
    Poly-poly man

    Poly-poly man, Feb 16, 2005
  4. Stefan Ahlgren wrote:
    > Hi Group,
    > I recently installed Firefox, and I'm pleased. However, my bank says I
    > cannot use it to do my bank stuff, I have to install Mozilla 1.7.5 for that.
    > So, because I'm lazy, I turn to you guys. What is the difference between
    > 1.7.5 and Firefox? Please don't answer "you cannot do your bank stuff with
    > one of them", I already know that ;o)
    >
    > Is there any (other) disadvantages with 1.7.5 compared to Firefox?
    >
    > If this issue already has been discussed in this group, I appologize for
    > being laze.
    > But thanks anyway!
    >
    > /Stefan, Sweden

    My bank gives me the same message, I just ignore it and use Firefox.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

    graeme@invalid, Feb 16, 2005
  5. Stefan Ahlgren wrote:
    >>What is the difference between 1.7.5 and Firefox? If this issue already
    >>has been discussed in this group, I appologize for being laze.

    > Okay, I was not that lazY after all, I did some reading.
    >
    > Firefox: a web browser.
    > Mozilla: a complete suite with a lot of other applications.
    >
    > Right?
    > /Stefan

    That is correct.

    If your back will allow Moz 1.7.5 in, there is no earthly reason to
    exclude FF 1.0. It is exactly the same rendering engine. What happens
    when you try to get in with FF?

    If there is browser sniffer involved, I've never seen one that sniffed
    for Moz 1.7.5 and excluded FF. That would be a first.

    You could try spoofing the User Agent as Moz, and see if you get in.

    Here is a typical 1.7.5 UA string:

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217

    You can use either the Prefbar, or the UA switcher extensions to spoof
    the FF UA to this.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 17, 2005
  6. > If your bank will allow Moz 1.7.5 in, there is no earthly reason to
    > exclude FF 1.0. It is exactly the same rendering engine. What happens
    > when you try to get in with FF?

    Havn't tried. Just listened to my bank Internet support, and they say FF is
    a no-no. In fact they are checking it out as I type, I guess it's a matter
    of very short time before FF gets an OK.

    > If there is browser sniffer involved, I've never seen one that sniffed for
    > Moz 1.7.5 and excluded FF. That would be a first.
    >
    > You could try spoofing the User Agent as Moz, and see if you get in.
    >
    > Here is a typical 1.7.5 UA string:
    >
    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217
    >
    > You can use either the Prefbar, or the UA switcher extensions to spoof the
    > FF UA to this.

    Eehhh ... a little over my horizon, this. I thing I'll wait for the OK from
    the bank. Or use the complete Moz suit.
    Thanx anyway, Lee!
    /Stefan

    Stefan Ahlgren, Feb 17, 2005
  7. Stefan Ahlgren

    Pete Guest

    "Stefan Ahlgren" <> wrote in message
    > > If your bank will allow Moz 1.7.5 in, there is no earthly reason to
    > > exclude FF 1.0. It is exactly the same rendering engine. What happens
    > > when you try to get in with FF?

    > Havn't tried. Just listened to my bank Internet support, and they say FF

    is
    > a no-no. In fact they are checking it out as I type, I guess it's a matter
    > of very short time before FF gets an OK.
    >
    > > If there is browser sniffer involved, I've never seen one that sniffed

    for
    > > Moz 1.7.5 and excluded FF. That would be a first.
    > >
    > > You could try spoofing the User Agent as Moz, and see if you get in.
    > >
    > > Here is a typical 1.7.5 UA string:
    > >
    > > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217
    > >
    > > You can use either the Prefbar, or the UA switcher extensions to spoof

    the
    > > FF UA to this.

    > Eehhh ... a little over my horizon, this. I thing I'll wait for the OK

    from
    > the bank. Or use the complete Moz suit.
    > Thanx anyway, Lee!
    > /Stefan

    I use FireFox all the time to do my banking. No problem at all. Works great.
    =Pete

    Pete, Feb 23, 2005