    Thanks!

    Old enough . . . .
    .... to know I don't really know a thing.
    Old enough . ., Oct 27, 2006

  2. Old enough . . wrote:
    > Probably a dumb question, but here goes anyway:
    >
    > I was using Firefox 1.5.0.7, and downloaded & installed 2.0
    > It works great (as did 1.5.0.7).
    > To be honest, I don't see a whole lot of difference, other than the spell check
    > (good for me) and an "Error Console" which has a whole lot of entries in it
    > (What should I do with them?).
    >
    > Question: Why is an upgrade to 1.5.0.7 in the works, wneh 2.0 is alresy
    > available?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Old enough . . . .
    > ... to know I don't really know a thing.

    Two reasons:

    1) Security. Mozilla has always maintained the last version with
    security updates for some months after the new release, for those users
    who prefer to wait to upgrade to the new version. There will probably be
    more past 1.5.0.8.

    2) 1.5.0.8 will have an improved updater, capable of auto updating to
    2.0, in hopes of leading more people to the new version.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 27, 2006