    1:1 copy of a DVD ? Are there tools for that or is it not possible at
    all ?

    Frankx100
    Frank, Dec 28, 2006

  2. "Frank" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > 1:1 copy of a DVD ? Are there tools for that or is it not possible at
    > all ?
    >
    > Frankx100

    DVDDecrypter, DVDFabDecrypter etc etc etc - of course if you don't want to
    shrink you will need a burner that is DVD-9 capable.

    Google is your friend
    Little Red Hen, Dec 28, 2006

  3. Frank

    Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 04:13:48 GMT, "Little Red Hen"
    <> wrote:

    >> 1:1 copy of a DVD ? Are there tools for that or is it not possible at
    >> all ?
    >>
    >> Frankx100
    >>

    >DVDDecrypter, DVDFabDecrypter etc etc etc - of course if you don't want to
    >shrink you will need a burner that is DVD-9 capable.

    www.videohelp.com has guides and links to free program and forum if
    you have problems. You could also check out its online reviews of dvd
    burners to find a decent dual layer dvd burner.

    Keep in mind currently dual layer DVD blanks costs almost as much as
    some cheap DVDs so making 1:1 backup copies of dual layered DVD may
    not be cost effective. single layer can be bought for pennies each in
    bulk of 100's.
    Impmon, Dec 28, 2006
  4. Frank

    Hertz_Donut Guest

    "Frank" <> wrote in message
    > 1:1 copy of a DVD ? Are there tools for that or is it not possible at
    > all ?
    >
    > Frankx100

    The best option is the combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 from Slysoft.

    You must have both to make copies of commercial DVD's. It will make exact 1
    to 1 copies, including all menus, extras, subtitles and data.

    Honu
    Hertz_Donut, Dec 28, 2006
  5. "Hertz_Donut" <> wrote in message

    > "Frank" <> wrote in message
    >> 1:1 copy of a DVD ? Are there tools for that or is it not possible at
    >> all ?
    >>
    >> Frankx100
    >>

    > The best option is the combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 from Slysoft.
    >
    > You must have both to make copies of commercial DVD's. It will make exact
    > 1 to 1 copies, including all menus, extras, subtitles and data.
    >
    > Honu

    Exactly
    And there are a few added advantages
    - I make 'movie only' copies for the grandchildren, which get lost or
    scratched very quickly (the dvd's, not the kids), and it is easy enough to
    make another. Generally the movie will fit on a single layer dvd, if not, it
    can be automatically shrunk to fit.
    - The copies are, themselves, not copy protected
    - You can edit out specific scenes if you wish to censor the content of your
    copy
    - You can put all the bonus features on a separate dvd

    Stuart
    Stuart Miller, Dec 28, 2006
  6. Frank

    mg4586 Guest

    If you want a dvd , BUY it, don't STEAL it.

    mg4586, Jan 12, 2007
  7. "mg4586" <> wrote in message
    > If you want a dvd , BUY it, don't STEAL it.

    I do buy them - but I object to buying the same things several times.

    Stuart

    Stuart Miller, Jan 17, 2007
  8. Frank

    Hertz_Donut Guest

    "Stuart Miller" <> wrote in message

    > "mg4586" <> wrote in message
    >> If you want a dvd , BUY it, don't STEAL it.
    >>

    > I do buy them - but I object to buying the same things several times.
    >
    > Stuart

    Why on earth would you buy them more than once?

    Honu
    Hertz_Donut, Jan 17, 2007
  9. Frank

    Impmon Guest

    On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:13:12 -1000, "Hertz_Donut"
    <> wrote:

    >> I do buy them - but I object to buying the same things several times.
    >>
    >> Stuart
    >>

    >Why on earth would you buy them more than once?

    I think he means he gets very careless with the DVD. Uses them as ice
    scraper, coasters, frisbee, dog chew toy, etc. and has to replace them
    when the DVD player starts skipping a lot.

    I've had over 500 DVDs and been buying DVD since early 2001 and to
    date, only 1 had gone bad. No scratch, no damaged label, nothing. It
    just up and died. Disney replaced the dead DVD for free.
    Impmon, Jan 17, 2007
  10. "Hertz_Donut" <> wrote in message

    > "Stuart Miller" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "mg4586" <> wrote in message
    >>> If you want a dvd , BUY it, don't STEAL it.
    >>>

    >> I do buy them - but I object to buying the same things several times.
    >>
    >> Stuart
    >>

    > Why on earth would you buy them more than once?
    >
    > Honu

    See 3 messages back in this thread - the grandchildren trash them.

    Stuart
    Stuart Miller, Jan 27, 2007