    is to keep the students from just
    trying to yodel - right off.

    You see, we build up to that.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 19, 2006

  2. Bucky Breeder wrote:

    > http://www.pcpitstop.com/vistaready/

    Oh damned. My pc miserably failed the test, running IE from within WINE.
    While it still displays shiney graphics using beryl or xgl, with
    transparency, cube and all that eyecandy, on a computer I built 3 years
    ago.

    Walter Mautner, Nov 20, 2006

  3. Walter Mautner <> posted this
    esurient inquiry in news::

    > Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.pcpitstop.com/vistaready/

    > Oh damned. My pc miserably failed the test, running IE from within WINE.
    > While it still displays shiney graphics using beryl or xgl, with
    > transparency, cube and all that eyecandy, on a computer I built 3 years
    > ago.

    LOL! Mine failed each sequential step, until I loaded each the ActiveX
    element via IE's dialog bar, then I got approved on most, but with some
    recommendations... (I've run Vista RC2 with good results, no hardware
    issues, on this box too...)

    --

    If you're out hiking and your friend gets bitten by a poisonous snake,
    tell him you're going to go for help! Then go about 10 feet, out of sight,

    A lot of guys will just start crying, "... but I don't want to die now."
    That's why it makes you feel good when you tell them it was only a joke -
    but he's still always going to be the big sissy cry-baby to everybody else.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 20, 2006
  4. Bucky Breeder

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:50:17 +0000, Bucky Breeder Has Frothed:

    > Walter Mautner <> posted this
    > esurient inquiry in news::
    >
    >> Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.pcpitstop.com/vistaready/

    >> Oh damned. My pc miserably failed the test, running IE from within WINE.
    >> While it still displays shiney graphics using beryl or xgl, with
    >> transparency, cube and all that eyecandy, on a computer I built 3 years
    >> ago.

    > LOL! Mine failed each sequential step, until I loaded each the ActiveX
    > element via IE's dialog bar, then I got approved on most, but with some
    > recommendations... (I've run Vista RC2 with good results, no hardware
    > issues, on this box too...)

    The Gateway (E-Machines) T6216 I use for XP passed with flying colors. And
    all I've done with it is upgrade to 1 gig memory and add an additional 160
    gig SATA drive. Lots of stable power for $450 bucks.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Nov 20, 2006
  5. Meat Plow <> posted this esurient inquiry in

    > On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:50:17 +0000, Bucky Breeder Has Frothed:
    >
    >> Walter Mautner <> posted this
    >> esurient inquiry in news::

    >>> Oh damned. My pc miserably failed the test, running IE from within
    >>> WINE. While it still displays shiney graphics using beryl or xgl, with
    >>> transparency, cube and all that eyecandy, on a computer I built 3
    >>> years ago.

    >> LOL! Mine failed each sequential step, until I loaded each the ActiveX
    >> element via IE's dialog bar, then I got approved on most, but with some
    >> recommendations... (I've run Vista RC2 with good results, no hardware
    >> issues, on this box too...)

    > The Gateway (E-Machines) T6216 I use for XP passed with flying colors.
    > And all I've done with it is upgrade to 1 gig memory and add an
    > additional 160 gig SATA drive. Lots of stable power for $450 bucks.

    Nice! That 1GB RAM [up from 128KB?] probably dramatically increased it's
    performance right-off the bat? The test evalutated this with a 64MB memory
    graphics card, but it's running a 128MB nVidia. *Never* had any issues.
    (But I'm not a PC gamer either.) Probably can upgrade it easily and cheaply
    enough, especially as old as this box is, but RC1 and RC2 ran just fine
    here for me. I should image that [most recently installed - now backed-up]
    RC2 [back over my current XP Pro config] and then go take the test. LOL!

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 20, 2006
  6. Bucky Breeder

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:20:08 +0000, Bucky Breeder Has Frothed:

    > Meat Plow <> posted this esurient inquiry in
    >
    >> On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:50:17 +0000, Bucky Breeder Has Frothed:
    >>
    >>> Walter Mautner <> posted this
    >>> esurient inquiry in news::

    >>> LOL! Mine failed each sequential step, until I loaded each the ActiveX
    >>> element via IE's dialog bar, then I got approved on most, but with some
    >>> recommendations... (I've run Vista RC2 with good results, no hardware
    >>> issues, on this box too...)

    >> The Gateway (E-Machines) T6216 I use for XP passed with flying colors.
    >> And all I've done with it is upgrade to 1 gig memory and add an
    >> additional 160 gig SATA drive. Lots of stable power for $450 bucks.

    > Nice! That 1GB RAM [up from 128KB?] probably dramatically increased it's
    > performance right-off the bat? The test evalutated this with a 64MB memory
    > graphics card, but it's running a 128MB nVidia. *Never* had any issues.
    > (But I'm not a PC gamer either.) Probably can upgrade it easily and cheaply
    > enough, especially as old as this box is, but RC1 and RC2 ran just fine
    > here for me. I should image that [most recently installed - now backed-up]
    > RC2 [back over my current XP Pro config] and then go take the test. LOL!

    It came with 512 and the Nvidia 6600 series is shared memory of 256 megs.
    I was never an AMD person but this Athalon 64 @ 2.0 ghz is fast and stable.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Nov 20, 2006