    But have any of you seen the "Day after tomorrow?

    Is it worth paying "£5.50 in the cinemas to watch it??

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Lloyd Jones

    Sniffer-Dog Guest

    On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:37:43 +0100, A strange species called "Lloyd
    Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >This is 0T,
    >
    >But have any of you seen the "Day after tomorrow?
    >
    >Is it worth paying "£5.50 in the cinemas to watch it??
    >
    >LJ

    no. wait a couple of years and watch it on tv.

    It has good special effects apparently, but the storyline is
    completely crap.

    Sniffer-Dog
    Sniffer-Dog, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Lloyd Jones

    Ionizer Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > This is 0T,
    >
    > But have any of you seen the "Day after tomorrow?
    >
    > Is it worth paying "£5.50 in the cinemas to watch it??
    >
    > LJ

    I haven't seen it yet but it does sound like the kind of movie you need to
    see on the big screen or not at all.

    According to Roger Ebert:

    "...the movie is profoundly silly. What surprised me is that it's also
    very scary. The special effects are on such an awesome scale that the
    movie works despite its cornball plotting."
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert1/wkp-news-day28f.html

    Regards,
    Ian.
    (Now Playing: Science Fiction Double Feature - Richard O'Brien)
    Ionizer, Aug 1, 2004
  4. Lloyd Jones

    Ionizer Guest

    Check this out: Spam report id 1151162804 sent to: abuse @ verizon.net
    Ionizer, Aug 2, 2004
  5. Lloyd Jones

    ProfGene Guest

    If you like special affects and disaster movies this is one of the best in
    that category.

    ProfGene, Aug 7, 2004