    is no one there and caller ID displays 09222. Did anyone know what this
    was. Should I be worried?
    Cheers

    Lynz, Aug 15, 2007

  2. Lynz

    Kent Smith Guest

    Lynz wrote:
    > Not long ago someone mentioned his mum getting 09222 numbers coming up
    > on caller iD on the phone. Sorry I didnt follow the thread at the time
    > but now I notice Im getting them on my phone. The phone rings but
    > there is no one there and caller ID displays 09222. Did anyone know
    > what this was. Should I be worried?
    > Cheers

    It's the matrix.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Aug 16, 2007

  3. Lynz

    Richard Guest

    Lynz wrote:
    > Not long ago someone mentioned his mum getting 09222 numbers coming up
    > on caller iD on the phone. Sorry I didnt follow the thread at the time
    > but now I notice Im getting them on my phone. The phone rings but there
    > is no one there and caller ID displays 09222. Did anyone know what this
    > was. Should I be worried?
    > Cheers

    Slingshot trying to peddle their overpriced underperforming internet and
    phone services using staff from somewhere in the 3rd world on a phone
    connection to match.

    Call them on their 0800 number from a cellphone to complain about it and
    hopefully help to erode their savings from outsourcing offshore at the
    same time. Waste their time about where they got your details from etc.

    Or call the helpdesk and just hang up once they answer ;)

    Richard, Aug 16, 2007
  4. Lynz

    Yeah Right Guest

    On , , Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:59:42 +1200, Re: 09222, Richard
    <> wrote:

    >Lynz wrote:
    >> Not long ago someone mentioned his mum getting 09222 numbers coming up
    >> on caller iD on the phone. Sorry I didnt follow the thread at the time
    >> but now I notice Im getting them on my phone. The phone rings but there
    >> is no one there and caller ID displays 09222. Did anyone know what this
    >> was. Should I be worried?
    >> Cheers

    >Slingshot trying to peddle their overpriced underperforming internet and
    >phone services using staff from somewhere in the 3rd world on a phone
    >connection to match.
    >
    >Call them on their 0800 number from a cellphone to complain about it and
    >hopefully help to erode their savings from outsourcing offshore at the
    >same time. Waste their time about where they got your details from etc.
    >
    >Or call the helpdesk and just hang up once they answer ;)

    Is there a number you can dial that with holds your cellphone
    number? Sort of like 0197 on a landline. What about for 021?

    Yeah Right, Aug 17, 2007
  5. Lynz

    Kent Smith Guest

    Yeah Right wrote:
    > On , , Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:59:42 +1200, Re: 09222, Richard
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Lynz wrote:
    >>> Not long ago someone mentioned his mum getting 09222 numbers coming
    >>> up on caller iD on the phone. Sorry I didnt follow the thread at
    >>> the time but now I notice Im getting them on my phone. The phone
    >>> rings but there is no one there and caller ID displays 09222. Did
    >>> anyone know what this was. Should I be worried?
    >>> Cheers

    >> Slingshot trying to peddle their overpriced underperforming internet
    >> and phone services using staff from somewhere in the 3rd world on a
    >> phone connection to match.
    >>
    >> Call them on their 0800 number from a cellphone to complain about it
    >> and hopefully help to erode their savings from outsourcing offshore
    >> at the same time. Waste their time about where they got your details
    >> from etc.
    >>
    >> Or call the helpdesk and just hang up once they answer ;)

    > Is there a number you can dial that with holds your cellphone
    > number? Sort of like 0197 on a landline. What about for 021?

    Yes, you go into the menu and turn the callerid option off. :)

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Aug 20, 2007
  6. Lynz

    Richard Guest

    Kent Smith wrote:

    >>> Or call the helpdesk and just hang up once they answer ;)

    >> Is there a number you can dial that with holds your cellphone
    >> number? Sort of like 0197 on a landline. What about for 021?

    > Yes, you go into the menu and turn the callerid option off. :)

    Just dont expect it to do anything when you are calling a telco...

    Richard, Aug 21, 2007