    I have tried unsuccessfully to find a geo altrnative for one of the main
    culprits (08705600800).

    Any assistance appreciated.

    Cardiff IT Support Ltd, Nov 6, 2007

  2. Cardiff IT Support Ltd

    Tim Guest

    Cardiff IT Support Ltd wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > One of my clients make alot of 0870 calls. (via Asterisk).
    >
    > Anyone happen to know any VOIP providers that have good pricing to 0870?

    Most VoIP providers are about the same as BT for 0870.

    Tim

    Tim, Nov 6, 2007

  3. Cardiff IT Support Ltd wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > One of my clients make alot of 0870 calls. (via Asterisk).
    >
    > Anyone happen to know any VOIP providers that have good pricing to 0870?
    >
    > I have tried unsuccessfully to find a geo altrnative for one of the main
    > culprits (08705600800).
    >
    > Any assistance appreciated.

    i think the issue is that the calls cost about 6.5ppm wholesale

    cheers
    peter

    <email/web_hosting/business_voip> <t:01225 800 810>

    Peter Gradwell, Nov 6, 2007
  4. Cardiff IT Support Ltd

    Guest

    Re: 0870 numbers OT

    On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:57:43 +0000, Peter Gradwell
    <> wrote:

    >i think the issue is that the calls cost about 6.5ppm wholesale
    >
    >cheers
    >peter

    Hi Peter

    Why are your sign up servers telling me I am not from the UK ? I am
    from the UK and have Virgin media BB . I have asked VM if it could be
    they who are giving your servers wrong information in some way and
    they say no .

    , Nov 6, 2007
  5. Cardiff IT Support Ltd

    Jono Guest

    Re: 0870 numbers OT

    wrote :
    > On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:57:43 +0000, Peter Gradwell
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> i think the issue is that the calls cost about 6.5ppm wholesale
    >>
    >> cheers
    >> peter

    > Hi Peter
    >
    > Why are your sign up servers telling me I am not from the UK ? I am
    > from the UK and have Virgin media BB . I have asked VM if it could be
    > they who are giving your servers wrong information in some way and
    > they say no .

    Perhaps they are just screening you out....?

    Jono, Nov 6, 2007
  6. Cardiff IT Support Ltd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Re: 0870 numbers OT

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    : : wrote :

    [snip]

    : : : Why are your sign up servers telling me I am not from
    : : : the UK ? I am from the UK and have Virgin media BB .
    : : : I have asked VM if it could be they who are giving
    : : : your servers wrong information in some way and they
    : : : say no .
    : :
    : : Perhaps they are just screening you out....?

    I was thinking that but didn't want to be the first to say it <g>

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 6, 2007
  7. Cardiff IT Support Ltd

    alexd Guest

    Re: 0870 numbers OT

    wrote:

    > Hi Peter
    >
    > Why are your sign up servers telling me I am not from the UK ? I am
    > from the UK and have Virgin media BB . I have asked VM if it could be
    > they who are giving your servers wrong information in some way and
    > they say no .

    Gradwell will most likely be attempting to determine your location based on
    your IP address. You could submit a support request to them telling them
    you really are from the UK, or just work around it by using a UK-based
    proxy server.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:09:42 up 4 days, 13:54, 1 user, load average: 0.31, 0.21, 0.16

    alexd, Nov 6, 2007
  8. Re: 0870 numbers OT

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:57:43 +0000, Peter Gradwell
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>i think the issue is that the calls cost about 6.5ppm wholesale
    >>
    >>cheers
    >>peter

    > Hi Peter
    >
    > Why are your sign up servers telling me I am not from the UK ? I am
    > from the UK and have Virgin media BB . I have asked VM if it could be
    > they who are giving your servers wrong information in some way and
    > they say no .

    hi mymail,

    I just looked up your posting IP (77.98.176.249) at hostip.info and it
    doesnt know where you are. This could be a clue as to why Gradwell servers
    can't confirm you are in the UK.

    Although I looked up at maxmind.com and you (your IP)came up as UK
    (Preston).

    There's computers for you :)

    Maybe you could just sign up from work / client / friends house or
    something?

    Cardiff IT Support Ltd, Nov 6, 2007
  9. Cardiff IT Support Ltd

    Iain Guest

    Re: 0870 numbers OT

    wrote:

    > Hi Peter
    >
    > Why are your sign up servers telling me I am not from the UK ?

    Maybe he doesn't want you as a customer. Seems reasonable.

    Iain, Nov 9, 2007