070-300 Last exam for MCSD!!

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=, Jul 28, 2004.

  1. This is the last exam that I have to take to achieve MCSD for .NET. I have been studying and I am scheduled for the 6th of Aug. Does anyone know how many questions are on the exam?

    Thank you,

    =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=, Jul 28, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=

    Grant Guest

    Good luck mate!

    The format of the 300 exam is totally different to all
    the others you've done. Get hold of MeasureUp or
    SelfTests' software to practice the exam.

    Grant, Jul 28, 2004

  3. Thanks, Grant

    I know that the format has case studies and questions to follow but, any ideal on the approximate number of questions?

    =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=, Jul 28, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=

    soso Guest

    About 30 questions.

    soso, Jul 30, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=

    soso Guest

    > Thanks, soso.
    >
    > Can I assume that you have sat for the exam? If so where would you rate

    the difficulty level? On a scale of 1 - 5; 5 being Most Difficult.

    I'm not sure. I didn't get any scores for the exam, just "pass" and
    congratulations. I haven't any idea how I passed it. The preparation time
    for this exam was the same as for earlier four. The scores for the previous
    exams were in the range of 850-940.

    soso, Aug 1, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=

    Greg Akins Guest

    It's been awhile, but I remember 3 separate case studies. Each one
    was relatively more difficult and had more questions. The first was
    (if I remember) only 8 questions and really easy. The last was about
    16 questions and pretty tough.

    I felt the key was to really concentrate on understanding the case
    study (I wrote notes for the whole study before I even started
    answering) A lot of questions were not as obvious - or more obvious -
    given a small, but significant detail in the case study.

    Transcender tests were really consistent with the exam format. I also
    used the Exam Cram book and felt it filled in a lot of gaps for me.

    Greg Akins, Aug 2, 2004
  7. Thanks, Greg.
    I moved up my test date to Thursday(8/5). I am feeling pretty good about it. I'll reply on Thursday with the outcome.

    =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=, Aug 4, 2004
  8. =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=

    TomTom Guest

    Greg,

    > The last was about
    > 16 questions and pretty tough.

    What kind of difficulty did you have?

    TomTom, Aug 5, 2004
  9. =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=

    Greg Akins Guest

    "TomTom" <> wrote in message news:<#>...
    > Greg,
    >
    > > The last was about
    > > 16 questions and pretty tough.

    > What kind of difficulty did you have?

    The difficulty (for me at least) wasn't in understanding the subject
    matter; but dealing with the "style" of questions.

    For the most part I had the same problem on the other tests... But the
    70-300 test was the most "theoretical". Also, I took this test
    first. Knowing more about setup projects, sql server specifics, etc..
    would have helped alot. I am currently studying for 70-320 and if I
    had taken that before 70-300 it would have been alot easier. However,
    I had done a lot of modeling/architecture stuff already. Some of my
    friends who know .Net well, but don't have as much experience doing
    UML, database design, OOP had trouble on those sections.

    Hope this helps. Good luck.

    Greg Akins, Aug 5, 2004
  10. Greg,
    Your info was great! thanks a lot. I Passed today! I am now MCSD for
    Microsoft .NET. It has been a 1 and a half journey but, know it is complete.

    =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=, Aug 6, 2004
  11. =?Utf-8?B?dmlydHVhbHR3bw==?=

    TomTom Guest

    Thanks for the info. It's helpful.

    TomTom, Aug 6, 2004