    How are they scoring exam 292. I took that exam 3 times
    and failed. I could have sworn I did well on the exam.
    I think I just failed one section.
    Dennis, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Dennis

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Dennis" <> say in
    news:184401c51088$576942c0$:

    > How are they scoring exam 292. I took that exam 3 times
    > and failed. I could have sworn I did well on the exam.
    > I think I just failed one section.

    sorry about your luck, but it would appear that you weren't quite there.
    The exams should be hard (IMHO) as this increases the value of the
    certification. I highly doubt that MS will just open up and let you know
    how they are running their testing program for your benefit and that of
    all others who might be listening. If you are really ticked drop a line
    to and vent your frustrations. I don't think there
    is too much they can do for you. try again or if you prefer take the
    exams individually.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - 'Bother', said Pooh as he stuffed Piglet's corpse into a trash bag
    Neil, Feb 12, 2005

  3. Dennis

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Feb 23, 2005
  4. Dennis

    sb Guest

    Stop being so arrogant! Microsoft does score the 70-29x
    exams differently. I talked to them on the phone and they
    said each question is weighted differently so even if you
    get between 75-80% of the questions right - there could
    be a question that you missed that was worth more points
    than some of the others and you could still fail the
    exam. I would be prepared to answer every question
    correct the next time you take the test. Don't expect to
    get by with getting a few wrong because it won't work.
    You never know which question is worth what. They
    (Microsoft) call it test integrity. I call it test how we
    can flunk you and make you pay us more money to take it
    again.

    sb, Feb 23, 2005
  5. Dennis

    fygar Guest

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:47:15 -0800, "sb"
    <> wrote:

    >Stop being so arrogant! Microsoft does score the 70-29x
    >exams differently. I talked to them on the phone and they
    >said each question is weighted differently so even if you
    >get between 75-80% of the questions right - there could
    >be a question that you missed that was worth more points
    >than some of the others and you could still fail the
    >exam. I would be prepared to answer every question
    >correct the next time you take the test. Don't expect to
    >get by with getting a few wrong because it won't work.
    >You never know which question is worth what. They
    >(Microsoft) call it test integrity. I call it test how we
    >can flunk you and make you pay us more money to take it
    >again.

    If you only got it right 75 or 80% of the time in my shop when
    troubleshooting broken systems or even setting up new ones, I would
    fire you unceremoniously if I hired you because of your MCSE
    credential.

    Yesterday, the president of my company got his machine reformatted and
    reinstalled because the person working on it missed a symptom and
    boogered it up trying irrelevent stuff. So there's some lost hours of
    productivity for both of them, plus I now have to have a meeting with
    this person to decide how to deal with it. The person has recently
    "earned" the MCDST credential.

    I say the test should be MORE comprehensive and MORE expensive if we
    are to trust it as a hiring tool.

    ....butch(tired of poor IT staffing)
    fygar, Feb 23, 2005
  6. <snipage>
    fire you unceremoniously
    </snipage>

    Looks like someone used Words Thesauruses. :)

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 23, 2005
  7. Dennis

    fygar Guest

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:03:22 -0500, "The Rev \(MCT\)"
    <> wrote:

    ><snipage>
    >fire you unceremoniously
    ></snipage>
    >
    >Looks like someone used Words Thesauruses. :)

    no, that came straight from my aortic pump.

    ....butch()
    fygar, Feb 23, 2005
  8. Aortic pump eh? LOL

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 23, 2005
  9. Dennis

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Rev (MCT) climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > Aortic pump eh? LOL

    A momentary closure of an ocular covering should be as adequate as a
    vertical movement of the cranium to an equine devoid of visual capability

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Feb 23, 2005
  10. Dennis

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:Xns960669AEC65D2plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    JaR <> rambled:
    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Rev (MCT) climbed on a
    > soapbox & opined:
    >
    >> Aortic pump eh? LOL
    >>

    > A momentary closure of an ocular covering should be as adequate as a
    > vertical movement of the cranium to an equine devoid of visual
    > capability

    Generously perform that which is required.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Cyrnfr ivfvg jjj.zpatc.pbz
    Briscobar, Feb 23, 2005
  11. Dennis

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > In news:Xns960669AEC65D2plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    > JaR <> rambled:
    >> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Rev (MCT) climbed on a
    >> soapbox & opined:
    >>
    >>> Aortic pump eh? LOL
    >>>

    >> A momentary closure of an ocular covering should be as adequate as a
    >> vertical movement of the cranium to an equine devoid of visual
    >> capability

    > Generously perform that which is required.

    Medially, not laterally.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Feb 23, 2005
  12. Dennis

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:Xns9606723487D13plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    JaR <> rambled:
    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar climbed on a soapbox &
    > opined:
    >
    >> In news:Xns960669AEC65D2plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    >> JaR <> rambled:
    >>> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Rev (MCT) climbed on a
    >>> soapbox & opined:

    >>> A momentary closure of an ocular covering should be as adequate as a
    >>> vertical movement of the cranium to an equine devoid of visual
    >>> capability

    >> Generously perform that which is required.
    >>

    > Medially, not laterally.

    The female offspring, who comes from your loins, she struck my canine by
    using the terminal portion of one of her lower limbs.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    nerd32768 needs your business. Visit www.mcngp.com today.
    Briscobar, Feb 23, 2005
  13. Dennis

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > A momentary closure of an ocular covering should be as adequate as a
    > vertical movement of the cranium to an equine devoid of visual capability

    a wink is as good as a nod to a blind...horse? I thought it was blind bat?

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
    Neil, Feb 23, 2005
  14. Dennis

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:Xns96069940A918Dneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16,
    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:
    > did you hear JaR <> say in
    >
    > a wink is as good as a nod to a blind...horse? I thought it was blind
    > bat?

    you silly head

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    nerd32768 vowed to kill my family if I didn't add a link to
    www.mcngp.com to my signature.
    Briscobar, Feb 23, 2005
  15. Dennis

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in

    > The female offspring, who comes from your loins, she struck my canine by
    > using the terminal portion of one of her lower limbs.

    singular pronoun opposite of the first person attempts to confound.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - No, I'm not an elitist. Why do you ask, peasant?
    Neil, Feb 23, 2005
  16. Briscobar wrote:
    > In news:Xns9606723487D13plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    > JaR <> rambled:
    >> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar climbed on a soapbox &
    >> opined:
    >>
    >>> In news:Xns960669AEC65D2plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16,
    >>> JaR <> rambled:

    >>> Generously perform that which is required.
    >>>

    >> Medially, not laterally.

    > The female offspring, who comes from your loins, she struck my canine
    > by using the terminal portion of one of her lower limbs.

    I WISH YOU GREAT FORTUNE IN YOUR INCARCERATION.
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Feb 23, 2005
  17. Dennis

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:Xns96069A3CBC550neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16,
    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:
    > did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in
    >
    >> The female offspring, who comes from your loins, she struck my
    >> canine by using the terminal portion of one of her lower limbs.

    > singular pronoun opposite of the first person attempts to confound.

    I presume that you are in posession of the device which attaches papers
    together via a metal clip that belongs to me.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    www.mcngp.com is real.
    Briscobar, Feb 23, 2005
  18. Dennis

    JaR Guest

    > did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in
    >
    >> The female offspring, who comes from your loins, she struck my canine by
    >> using the terminal portion of one of her lower limbs.

    > singular pronoun opposite of the first person attempts to confound.

    The aforementioned personage shall render you incapable of continued
    manufacture of hemoglobins by respiration of atmospheric O2. (Negate that
    remark! Merely a witty rejoinder!)

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Feb 23, 2005
  19. Dennis

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in news:
    #:

    > In news:Xns96069A3CBC550neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16,
    > Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:
    >> did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in
    >>
    >>> The female offspring, who comes from your loins, she struck my
    >>> canine by using the terminal portion of one of her lower limbs.

    >> singular pronoun opposite of the first person attempts to confound.

    > I presume that you are in posession of the device which attaches papers
    > together via a metal clip that belongs to me.

    The pronoun for the first person reserved the device which attaches
    papers together via a metal clip for the Swingline device which attaches
    papers together via a metal clip and it's not acceptable because if the
    plural pronoun for the second person takes the first person pronoun
    possesive device which attaches papers together via a metal clip then
    first person pronoun will set the edifice ablaze...

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - 'Bother,' said Pooh, as he saw the mushroom cloud.
    Neil, Feb 23, 2005
  20. Dennis

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil climbed on a soapbox &
    > opined:
    >
    >> did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in
    >>
    >>> The female offspring, who comes from your loins, she struck my
    >>> canine by using the terminal portion of one of her lower limbs.

    >> singular pronoun opposite of the first person attempts to confound.
    >>

    > The aforementioned personage shall render you incapable of continued
    > manufacture of hemoglobins by respiration of atmospheric O2. (Negate
    > that remark! Merely a witty rejoinder!)

    Singular pronoun second person malodorous, singular pronoun second person
    malodorous, singular pronoun second person malodorous!

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Darwin was an optimist.
    Neil, Feb 23, 2005