    70–320 Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
    Visual C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework

    Comments and advise are most welcomed! =)
    asca, Sep 22, 2006

  2. Sept. 23, 2006

    Yes that is just fine... however, for MCAD you need to take an elective and
    you would be deciding on SQL...... but a security exam for devs is also
    available as an elective. Normally I don't think this would be a real big
    decision if you wanted to go with SQL...... but the new .Net 2.0 exams have
    the security exam-equivilent *integrated* in all the exams - so I think it
    would be a better investment for the future by taking the security exam
    now... get the MCAD... and then pretty much be about 100% prepared for the
    new exams... with just very slight brushing up on new security classes.

    Good luck!

    --

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Blog/Web Site: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Sep 24, 2006

  3. asca

    asca Guest

    Thank you for your suggestion. Exam 70–340 does look interesting so I might
    take it in place of 70-229. My worry though, is that there seemed to be more
    guidebooks for 70-229 than 70-340.
    asca, Sep 24, 2006
  4. Sept. 24, 2006

    When looking at obvious cert book titles, yes it does appear there aren't
    many books for the security exam... however, this combo of books was
    extremely thorough in covering everything (not to mention... definitely was
    usable in one's job right away - it taught & stuck very well)... (all MS
    Press)

    Security for Visual Basic .Net
    Implementing Web Application Security
    MS Press Training Kit (with 300 practice questions with detailed
    explanations why each incorrect answer is wrong... this was very helpful)

    I also read the Threat Modeling book, which although wasn't really necessary
    for the exam... it is very useful in the real world.

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Sep 25, 2006
  5. asca

    asca Guest

    Thanks so much for the tips =)