    I would like to know, witch skills i need more than other
    DNS,DHCP,WINS,RRAS(nat,ip routing, vpn), IPSec,
    Certificate Services, TCP/IP Subneting ???
    Dr.Evil, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Get some experience with the product.

    Don't You Wish, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Question, If a Mcse or mcsa cert. is suppose to represent
    experince and knowledge, why does Microsoft market their
    Mcse track courses to people who have little experince
    with computers as a way to get your foot in the door to a
    new career?

    Can we just get along, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Dr.Evil

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Question, If a Mcse or mcsa cert. is suppose to represent
    >experince and knowledge, why does Microsoft market their
    >Mcse track courses to people who have little experince
    >with computers as a way to get your foot in the door to a
    >new career?

    The more the merrier!

    If any company hires an individual solely on their Microsoft cert,
    that company deserves to go down the pan.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 15, 2003
  5. Dr.Evil

    |{evin Guest

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 14:33:23 -0800, "Can we just get along"
    <> wrote:

    >Question, If a Mcse or mcsa cert. is suppose to represent
    >experince and knowledge, why does Microsoft market their
    >Mcse track courses to people who have little experince
    >with computers as a way to get your foot in the door to a
    >new career?

    I don't think it's Microsoft doing it so much as it is all the
    'training centers' that have popped up. If I hear one more 'I used to
    flip burgers, then I got trained at ***** as a Microsoft Certified
    Systems Engineer... now I'm making 70 thousand dollars within my first
    year" ad, I think I may snap.

    I've got over *7* years of hardcore experience (not counting all the
    time I spent doing IT work as a 'helper', I hold both the MCSE and
    MCSD as well as a handful of other certs and I'm STILL not making
    70k... granted, I'm close... but shit... these radio ads make me ill.
    |{evin, Nov 15, 2003
  6. But what is Ms position when they market to people with
    no experince?

    Can we just get along, Nov 15, 2003
  7. Dr.Evil

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >But what is Ms position when they market to people with
    >no experince?

    They don't carew who takes the exams - it's that simple.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 16, 2003
  8. "Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
    > >But what is Ms position when they market to people with
    > >no experince?

    > They don't carew who takes the exams - it's that simple.

    And they don't care who cheats or not either. People with no IT
    background can rip through MCSE by purchasing products from exam
    question companies.

    Does MS give a shit? Not really. If they did they would do something
    about it besides their stupid " look at our new innovative exam
    techniques" page on their site. What a load of crap.

    Kline is damn right. MS don't care. If it generates a tidy income,
    then everyone is smiling. The only people suffering are the IT
    guys/gals who are having to compete with cheap home made MCSA/E's for
    positions, which don't pay as well as they use to due to market
    flooding.

    Stay safe.
    Karl \Johnno\ Gustaf, Nov 16, 2003
  9. Dr.Evil

    Consultant Guest

    it is the training companies that market the cert to people with no
    experience

    "Can we just get along" <> wrote in
    message news:4d1601c3abd3$d4eda8a0$...

    Consultant, Nov 17, 2003
  10. Dr.Evil

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >it is the training companies that market the cert to people with no
    >experience

    Money, money, money....
    Kline Sphere, Nov 17, 2003