    For £5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
    http://www.south-east-birmingham.tk
    www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 14, 2006

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Martin² Guest

    That's what I was afraid of: the telemarketing bums calling via VoIP at
    virtually no cost !
    And there isn't anything we can do about it, except find out who they are
    and complain, but as they are likely to call from abroad, there will be no
    help from anyone.
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Jan 15, 2006

  3. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    GwG Guest

    "Martin²" <> wrote in message
    > That's what I was afraid of: the telemarketing bums calling via VoIP
    > at virtually no cost !
    > And there isn't anything we can do about it, except find out who they
    > are and complain, but as they are likely to call from abroad, there
    > will be no help from anyone.

    What a defeatist attitude.
    If the telemarketing calls are concerning a company that is resident in
    the UK, then they are covered by the TPS rules in the UK, and any
    breaches carry the same penalties. If the calls are from another
    country, a lot of countries now have laws against telemarketing, and I
    am sure they would be interested if informed of any breaches, but if we
    all give up and don't complain, then we can be sure that these calls
    will increase.
    GwG, Jan 15, 2006
  4. Martin² <> wrote:
    > That's what I was afraid of: the telemarketing bums calling via VoIP
    > at virtually no cost !

    They may not have known it was delivered over VoIP and called the POTS
    number at the same rate as any other number.

    > And there isn't anything we can do about it, except find out who
    > they are and complain, but as they are likely to call from abroad,
    > there will be no help from anyone.

    I gather there's some sort of progress with the Florida phone
    spammers, but I've not heard much recently. There was presumably
    enough margin in their scheme that they could happily pay for lengthy
    calls to the UK.

    --
    I've seen video of some loon hammering a nail into his own testicle. Mind you,
    I've had days when that would seem like a reasonable alernative to being a
    Peter Corlett, Jan 15, 2006