    <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsoft-sues-motorola-again-this-time-over-xbox-related-patents/7933>.

    Well, guess what? A patent is a monopoly. And a monopolist can charge what
    they like, you just have to put up with it.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 10, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    Re: ?Cos It?s MY ?Intellectual Property?, And You?ll Pay What I Demand!

    On 2010-11-10, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > Microsoft is suing Motorola (again), this time claiming the latter is
    > charging too much to license certain patents used in the XBox
    ><http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsoft-sues-motorola-again-this-time-over-xbox-related-patents/7933>.
    >
    > Well, guess what? A patent is a monopoly. And a monopolist can charge what
    > they like, you just have to put up with it.

    Meanwhile in the Open source world. Yes, please take my code. I will be
    watching if you can improve it, or use it to make something useful from it
    and then I'll be back to return the favour. Take the improvement and take it
    further.

    See, all of a sudden money has gone, but not competition. You improve and
    I'll do better.

    Open source also allows, encourages branches to form, just as happens in
    nature.

    Is profit $ only?

    Gordon, Nov 10, 2010