Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web Hits

Web Hits

Ed Willis

Is there anyway in IIS to see the web hit stats for a website?

Scott Allen

Hi Ed:

IIS will keep a log of incoming requests. You can find some details in
the support documents from the following search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...Amicrosoft.com

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:03:06 -0600, "Ed Willis"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there anyway in IIS to see the web hit stats for a website?

Juan T. Llibre

Adding to that, you can use Log Parser 2.2
to extract quite a bit of information from your logfiles.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...r/default.mspx

It's a free tool.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espańol
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
======================

"Scott Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> IIS will keep a log of incoming requests. You can find some details in
> the support documents from the following search:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...Amicrosoft.com
> --
> Scott
> http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:03:06 -0600, "Ed Willis"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Is there anyway in IIS to see the web hit stats for a website?

Brock Allen

> Is there anyway in IIS to see the web hit stats for a website?

Yes, log files are generated. They're stored here on my machine:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1

Microsoft has a tool called Log Parser that allows you to query the log files:

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen