Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Folder Permissions for File Upload

Folder Permissions for File Upload

Jay

This has to do with uploading files to a folder on the web server.

In http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323246

it indicates that the permissions on the folder you are uploading to should
be set on user MachineName\ASPNET. This does not work for me on our
production server. It does on my development PC. In order to upload on the
productions server I had to use Everyone with full control.

Any thoughts.

jay

Jason Bentley

Jay, your development machine probably uses Windows Integrated
Authentication and your production server probably does not. True? If
so, if your Production server uses Win2k, you need to grant the system
service write access on the folder, if it is Win2k3, you need to grant
the Network service write access unless it is running under a different
security context.

Jason Bentley
http://geekswithblogs.net/jbentley

Brock Allen

If your production server is W2K3 then ASP.NET is not running as ASPNET,
instead it's Network User. Perhaps this is the problem?

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen