Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Importing bookmarks into Firefox/Win95

Importing bookmarks into Firefox/Win95

Richard

My Firefox 1.0 on Win95 crashes when I try to import a bookmarks file (or
any other kind of file). Anyone know of a way to manually import bookmark
links (e.g. by editing a text file)?

Moz Champion

Richard wrote:

> My Firefox 1.0 on Win95 crashes when I try to import a bookmarks file (or
> any other kind of file). Anyone know of a way to manually import bookmark
> links (e.g. by editing a text file)?

take the file, rename it to bookmarks.html and drop it into your profile
folder. (this will overwrite the existing bookmarks tho)

create a seperate bookmarks file in FF
add one bookmark to it
Look in the profile folder to see the exact name of this file, it will
end with .html (bookmarks.html is the default or main one of course)
Now, take the other bookmarks file, rename it to match the new bookmarks
file in your profile and drop it in.
Your new bookmarks file (which only had the one entry) is now your
imported bookmarks file

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Bookmarks importing Jason Computer Support 1 12-26-2006 07:37 PM
Firefox question: Getting favicon into bookmarks toolbar The Eclectic Electric HTML 5 08-31-2005 09:14 PM
Importing bookmarks from btyahoo Keith Tupman Computer Support 0 04-01-2005 06:43 PM
importing bookmarks Steve IA Firefox 1 03-23-2005 09:47 PM
How to keep a module with the same name as a module it is importing from importing itself? plb Python 2 02-08-2005 03:14 PM

Advertisments