Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > OE export/ Mozilla import??

OE export/ Mozilla import??

Alex

Hi all,

I am on the way migrating from IE & OE to mozilla, and I wonder the following:

1. Seems when I tried to import settings from IE & OE in mozilla, it imports settings from the default profile. Is there a way that it'll import from a user specified location if I have several profiles setup?

2. When I imported my messages, mozilla only imports my mail messages but not my news messages, why? I suppose it'll import everything as they are in the same location.

Thanks a lot,
Alex

Leonidas Jones

Alex wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am on the way migrating from IE & OE to mozilla, and I wonder the following:
>
> 1. Seems when I tried to import settings from IE & OE in mozilla, it imports
> settings from the default profile. Is there a way that it'll import from a user
> specified location if I have several profiles setup?
>
> 2. When I imported my messages, mozilla only imports my mail messages but not my
> news messages, why? I suppose it'll import everything as they are in the same
> location.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Alex

Since newsgroup messages are stored on the server, just set up the
account and download the headers in Mozilla.

As far as your first question, I am not sure what you mean. I was not
aware that either IE or OE had "profiles" per se. Are you speaking
about "identities" in OE perhaps?

Lee