Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Search Engine Safe URLs

Search Engine Safe URLs

Alexandre Soares

Hi,

I've found some code to create search engine safe urls. A filter added to
the Response object parse all urls in the output html and an HttpModule
takes the incoming url, parse it back to it's original form and then
rewrites it using the RewritePath method. It works well, but I have a
problem when I use Forms Authentication: the FormAuthenticationModule adds
to the querystring to redirect to once we're authenticated. Since the filter
method I use adds "/" instead of the "=" and "&" and "?" of the original
querystring, the value of the ReturnUrl querystring parameter gets mixed up
since it contains slashes as well in the path. I was wondering if someone
ever had a similar problem and how they worked around it.

Thank you very much,

Alexandre Soares