Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Page Renders Wrong in Firefox

Page Renders Wrong in Firefox

Wayne Wengert

I have an aspx page that includes several panels that in turn, include some
labels and text boxes. Everything appears fine in IE 6 and Netscape but
Firefox users are seeing the textboxes stretch horizontally and overlap each
other. For example, I have one row in several panels where I have a textbox
for each of city. state and ZIP and the "state" textbox covers the "ZIP"
labels and most of the ZIP textbox.

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior and is there any work-around.

Wayne

Wayne Wengert

I also found out that I get the same problems in Netscape 7.02

Wayne

"Wayne Wengert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an aspx page that includes several panels that in turn, include

some
> labels and text boxes. Everything appears fine in IE 6 and Netscape but
> Firefox users are seeing the textboxes stretch horizontally and overlap

each
> other. For example, I have one row in several panels where I have a

textbox
> for each of city. state and ZIP and the "state" textbox covers the "ZIP"
> labels and most of the ZIP textbox.
>
> Has anyone else seen this type of behavior and is there any work-around.
>
> Wayne

Bruce Barker

you should not use grid mode, you IE pages probably don't work with large
fonts either. aslo be sure firefox is detected as an uplevel browser -
update your browsers cap section in machine.config

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Wayne Wengert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an aspx page that includes several panels that in turn, include some
> labels and text boxes. Everything appears fine in IE 6 and Netscape but
> Firefox users are seeing the textboxes stretch horizontally and overlap
> each
> other. For example, I have one row in several panels where I have a
> textbox
> for each of city. state and ZIP and the "state" textbox covers the "ZIP"
> labels and most of the ZIP textbox.
>
> Has anyone else seen this type of behavior and is there any work-around.
>
> Wayne

Wayne Wengert

Bruce;

Is that machine.config or web.config?

Wayne

"Bruce Barker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> you should not use grid mode, you IE pages probably don't work with large
> fonts either. aslo be sure firefox is detected as an uplevel browser -
> update your browsers cap section in machine.config
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>
> "Wayne Wengert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have an aspx page that includes several panels that in turn, include

some
> > labels and text boxes. Everything appears fine in IE 6 and Netscape but
> > Firefox users are seeing the textboxes stretch horizontally and overlap
> > each
> > other. For example, I have one row in several panels where I have a
> > textbox
> > for each of city. state and ZIP and the "state" textbox covers the "ZIP"
> > labels and most of the ZIP textbox.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this type of behavior and is there any work-around.
> >
> > Wayne

Bruce Barker

machine.config, see <browserCaps> section

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Wayne Wengert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23irO%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bruce;
>
> Is that machine.config or web.config?
>
> Wayne
>
> "Bruce Barker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> you should not use grid mode, you IE pages probably don't work with large
>> fonts either. aslo be sure firefox is detected as an uplevel browser -
>> update your browsers cap section in machine.config
>>
>> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>>
>> "Wayne Wengert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have an aspx page that includes several panels that in turn, include

> some
>> > labels and text boxes. Everything appears fine in IE 6 and Netscape but
>> > Firefox users are seeing the textboxes stretch horizontally and overlap
>> > each
>> > other. For example, I have one row in several panels where I have a
>> > textbox
>> > for each of city. state and ZIP and the "state" textbox covers the
>> > "ZIP"
>> > labels and most of the ZIP textbox.
>> >
>> > Has anyone else seen this type of behavior and is there any
>> > work-around.
>> >
>> > Wayne

Wayne Wengert

I got most of the problems corrected by adding a <BrowsersCap> element to my
web.config. There was another thread in this NG that provided a helpful
link..

A look at ASP.NET's Adaptive Rendering

When I tried that initially it crashed my page until I did some googling and
found that the element must be a child of <system.web>