Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Google - Opening Search.. Open with?

Google - Opening Search.. Open with?

Jim

When I try a Google search, I get an "Opening Search" popup window. The
options are "open with" and "Save to disk". When I try "open with" and
navigate to Firefox, it proceeds to download a file. Any ideas how to
just get a search results window with links?
Thanks - Jim

Ryan Jackson

What is the file extension of the file being downloaded?

Jim wrote:
> When I try a Google search, I get an "Opening Search" popup window. The
> options are "open with" and "Save to disk". When I try "open with" and
> navigate to Firefox, it proceeds to download a file. Any ideas how to
> just get a search results window with links?
> Thanks - Jim

Avalanche

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:21:17 -0700, Jim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I try a Google search, I get an "Opening Search" popup window. The
>options are "open with" and "Save to disk". When I try "open with" and
>navigate to Firefox, it proceeds to download a file. Any ideas how to
>just get a search results window with links?
>Thanks - Jim

Jim, unclear.

If you haven't got Firefox 1.0, get it. It opens with default home
page with Google and should not behave that way.

"When I try a Google search" does not say how you got to Google. You
can go to http://google.com , and it should not give you such a
message.

Sounds like, somehow, you're trying to download the Google program.
You must know that's not how it works.

Brad