Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Switching from Mozilla to FireFox without loosing my stored cookies and passwords

Switching from Mozilla to FireFox without loosing my stored cookies and passwords

Daniel Prince

I want to switch from Mozilla to FireFox but I do not want to lose
my stored cookies and passwords. Is this possible? If it is, how
do I do it? Thank you in advance for all replies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

Leonidas Jones

Daniel Prince wrote:
> I want to switch from Mozilla to FireFox but I do not want to lose
> my stored cookies and passwords. Is this possible? If it is, how
> do I do it? Thank you in advance for all replies.

When you install Firefox for the first time, it should offer to transfer
bookmarks and settings from the Mozilla profile. I think cookies are
among the transferred items. Give it a try. If the needed cookies are
not transfered over, I can walk you though copying them manually easily
enough. Just don't uninstall Mozilla yet, and don't delete the Mozilla
profile.

Lee