Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > best practices

best practices

kODE

Hello
i have a webform that is a report, and one of his columns
is the user name.
well i have to allow filter by user name, y was thiking in
build a dropdownlist with the users in my datatable, once
selected filter one dataview and bind to the grid... is
this the best way to manage this kind of problems?

thanks in advance

Karl Seguin

Sounds like it would do the trick...Can you code is cleanly? Does it meet
functional and non-functional requirements? Looks like it's the way to do
it....

Seriously, there are probably a dozen way to solve this, such as using
something like google suggest, or your approach or anything else....yours
seems pretty reasonable given what you've explained had to be done.

karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
annoying)
"kODE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:06f001c536bf$e98bbdb0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
> i have a webform that is a report, and one of his columns
> is the user name.
> well i have to allow filter by user name, y was thiking in
> build a dropdownlist with the users in my datatable, once
> selected filter one dataview and bind to the grid... is
> this the best way to manage this kind of problems?
>
> thanks in advance

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Yes, this is a fairly standard approach that I've used before.
But you should ask your users if you have any questions about what they find
to be intuitive.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP