Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Uploading file to local host

Uploading file to local host

jackson

Hi all,
Im having problem when uploading file to localhost.
but I can upload to drive c:
any idea

thanks

Joyjit Mukherjee

Hi,

what do you mean by localhost. That's a virtual directory, mapping to some
real one, e.g. http://localhost commonly maps to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot etc.
Just make sure wherever you are uploading, ASP .NET has relevant permission
to do so.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Joyjit

"jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05b001c5368a$ed453650$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> Im having problem when uploading file to localhost.
> but I can upload to drive c:
> any idea
>
> thanks

Hello there,
Yes what I mean by localhost is my virtual server which
is located at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot etc. But once I upload
my file to the particular path its always error.
any idea?

Joyjit Mukherjee

Can you post back us what error / exception it throws ?

Joyjit

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05ce01c53691$05e811e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello there,
> Yes what I mean by localhost is my virtual server which
> is located at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot etc. But once I upload
> my file to the particular path its always error.
> any idea?

Mark Rae

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05ce01c53691$05e811e0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> But once I upload my file to the particular path its always error.

There's very little point posting on a software support newsgroup saying
that you're getting an error if you don't actually tell the group what that
error is...

E.g.

I wrote a method in a C# class yesterday but it kept giving me an error. Can
you tell me what that means and how I can fix it?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

It's probably a security issue.
The ASPNET user account must have write permission to the folder.
Or you can use impersonation to have ASP.NET run under a different user
account that does have the necessary permission.

For example, you can add a line similar to this to your web.config file:
<identity impersonate="true" userName="domain\MyUserName">
password="password"/>

Here's more info on impersonation:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ersonation.asp

And here's another article that may help:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/EasyUploads.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05ce01c53691$05e811e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello there,
> Yes what I mean by localhost is my virtual server which
> is located at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot etc. But once I upload
> my file to the particular path its always error.
> any idea?

Jakson

Hi there,

this is the error message:
The statement has been terminated. String or binary data
would be truncated
I save it to the
C:\Inetpub\wwwroo\myServer\uploadFolder\xxx.txt