Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Importing Favorites

Importing Favorites

William W. Plummer

I recovered "Favorites" directory from a clobbered Win2K installation.
How can I import them to my Bookmarks under Mozilla? Outlook is not
installed on this machine.

Trond Ruud

In news message:g2Fud.484005$wV.404410@attbi_s54,
William W. Plummer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote this:
> I recovered "Favorites" directory from a clobbered Win2K installation.
> How can I import them to my Bookmarks under Mozilla? Outlook is not
> installed on this machine.

don't know about Mozilla, but in Firefox it's FILE->Import...
--
Trond Ruud
"Wagner's music is better than it sounds." - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

William W. Plummer

Trond Ruud wrote:
> In news message:g2Fud.484005$wV.404410@attbi_s54,
> William W. Plummer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote this:
>
>>I recovered "Favorites" directory from a clobbered Win2K installation.
>> How can I import them to my Bookmarks under Mozilla? Outlook is not
>>installed on this machine.

> don't know about Mozilla, but in Firefox it's FILE->Import...

In Mozilla I tried: Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks>Tools>Import but this
will not accept a directory full of Internet Explorer bookmarks.
Trying an individual .htm (bookmark) file causes Mozilla to gripe about
the format.

So, I'm still looking for a solution.

:: BRIAN ::

On 12/12/2004 1:50 PM William W. Plummer wrote:
> Trond Ruud wrote:
>
>> In news message:g2Fud.484005$wV.404410@attbi_s54,
>> William W. Plummer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote this:
>>
>>> I recovered "Favorites" directory from a clobbered Win2K installation.
>>> How can I import them to my Bookmarks under Mozilla? Outlook is not
>>> installed on this machine.

>> don't know about Mozilla, but in Firefox it's FILE->Import...

> In Mozilla I tried: Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks>Tools>Import but this
> will not accept a directory full of Internet Explorer bookmarks. Trying
> an individual .htm (bookmark) file causes Mozilla to gripe about the
> format.
>
> So, I'm still looking for a solution.

I've never had a problem importing IE favorites to Mozilla/Firefox
bookmarks. You should be able to use File >> Import/Export >> Export
Favorites and then import the saved file with Mozilla/Firefox. But if
you are having trouble with a bad format, then maybe Bookmark Converter
will help you: http://www.magnusbrading.com/bmc/
--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

William W. Plummer

:: BRIAN :: wrote:
> On 12/12/2004 1:50 PM William W. Plummer wrote:
>
>> Trond Ruud wrote:

>>> don't know about Mozilla, but in Firefox it's FILE->Import...

>> In Mozilla I tried: Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks>Tools>Import but this
>> will not accept a directory full of Internet Explorer bookmarks.
>> Trying an individual .htm (bookmark) file causes Mozilla to gripe
>> about the format.
>>
>> So, I'm still looking for a solution.

> I've never had a problem importing IE favorites to Mozilla/Firefox
> bookmarks. You should be able to use File >> Import/Export >> Export
> Favorites and then import the saved file with Mozilla/Firefox. But if
> you are having trouble with a bad format, then maybe Bookmark Converter
> will help you: http://www.magnusbrading.com/bmc/

YES! The Bookmark Converter is exceedingly cool. I was able to convert
my rescued Favorites to a bookmark file. Now, how do I merge two
bookmark files? The comments warn against editing the file. It looks
straightforward but ....

Importing Favorites John Dean Computer Support 1 03-08-2006 03:21 PM
Importing Favorites from XP 32 Gulliver Windows 64bit 2 02-03-2006 06:11 PM
How to keep a module with the same name as a module it is importing from importing itself? plb Python 2 02-08-2005 03:14 PM
Recent Favorites Chuck Firefox 4 07-11-2004 01:51 AM
Newbie - Bookmarks from IE favorites Ted Doubtfire Firefox 1 07-24-2003 07:46 PM

Advertisments