Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > What are these plugins?

What are these plugins?

me@myplace.com

Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

KeithS

me@myplace.com

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:16:18 +0000, KeithS <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/
>and
>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html
>
>HTH
>KeithS

This dont help at all, other than listing what plugins are available.
I still have no clue what plugin it wants.
I only know that it is not Adobe PDF reader or Flash, because those
both are installed and work.

Leonidas Jones

> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:16:18 +0000, KeithS <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/
>>and
>>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html
>>
>>HTH
>>KeithS

> This dont help at all, other than listing what plugins are available.
> I still have no clue what plugin it wants.
> I only know that it is not Adobe PDF reader or Flash, because those
> both are installed and work.

Post the page that is generating the plugin request. Maybe we can
figure out what it is looking for by seeing what is on the page.

Lee

Hermit

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
> thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
> something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
> plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

It needs a Java plugin.

Watchman

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
> thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
> something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
> plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

I've have a similar problem with a Quicktime plugin. It sends me to the
Quicktime home page but there's no plugin.

Watchman
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

Leonidas Jones

Watchman wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
>>thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
>>something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
>>plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

> I've have a similar problem with a Quicktime plugin. It sends me to the
> Quicktime home page but there's no plugin.
>
> Watchman

Well, you do have to download and install the QT program before a plugin
is installed.

Lee

Arne

Once upon a time *(E-Mail Removed)* wrote:
> Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
> thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
> something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
> plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

From what I know, there is a consol for background music in midi format
(*.mid) and everytime my Quick Time Player launch even if it can't play
those files. There is nop option in QT to set it as default for midi files!

I have midi files on my harddisc and I can play them with my default
player Winamp but I can't ever play any midi files I found on web pages,
not even if they are supposed to play after clicking on a normal text
link. Winamp can't launch even then, because QT does. Damn QT! Do I have
to uninstall it?

--
/Arne

The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything and the
young know everything. (Oscar Wilde)

Bob

Arne wrote:
> Once upon a time *(E-Mail Removed)* wrote:
>
>>Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
>>thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
>>something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
>>plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

> From what I know, there is a consol for background music in midi format
> (*.mid) and everytime my Quick Time Player launch even if it can't play
> those files. There is nop option in QT to set it as default for midi files!

Open QT go Edit > Preferences > QT Preferences select MIME settings and
tick the 'Audio - Audio only file formats'. Worked for me yesterday when
I was getting annoyed by lack of music on Yahoo greetings cards!

--
Bob

Watchman

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Watchman wrote:
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >
> >>Every so often I get to a webpage and there is a box with a green
> >>thingie in it that looks like a piece of a puzzle. It always says
> >>something about needing a plugin. When I click on it, it says "no
> >>plugin available". I have flash player, so what is this thing?

> > I've have a similar problem with a Quicktime plugin. It sends me to the
> > Quicktime home page but there's no plugin.
> >
> > Watchman

> Well, you do have to download and install the QT program before a plugin
> is installed.

Already have it. And it still does the same thing.

Watchman
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'