Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Importing TB back to OE

Importing TB back to OE

azscrewdriver

Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

heim

azscrewdriver wrote:
> Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

Here is a URL from the TB FAQ. Look under migration of messages.
Didn't a copy of the messages stay in OE when you migrated them to TB?

http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/fa...profilemanager

Good Luck

azscrewdriver

yes but I later deleted them. I had a backup 2 months old. So I have to
either get all the emails from Tbird or only the last 2 months. Either way
there are 2 weeks of messages in Tbird I didnt have in OE.

"heim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Mrpud.47068$(E-Mail Removed)...
> azscrewdriver wrote:
>> Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

> Here is a URL from the TB FAQ. Look under migration of messages. Didn't a
> copy of the messages stay in OE when you migrated them to TB?
>
> http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/fa...profilemanager
>
> Good Luck

Ralph Fox

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:17:36 -0600, in message
<41ba030b$(E-Mail Removed)>, azscrewdriver wrote:

> Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

Generally speaking, apps are more likely to provide the ability to
_import_ from equivalent apps made by other software manufacturers,
and are less likely to provide _export_. (It's called reducing the
entry costs, not reducing the exit costs).

Ask Microsoft why MS-OE doesn't provide an import from Thunderbird
(or generally from Unix mbox file format).

Or ask in an OE newsgroup.

And on another line, I wonder whether "The Bat" users get annoyed when
people use TB for Thunderbird and not "The Bat".

--
Cheers,
Ralph

somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

azscrewdriver

that helped
thanks

"Ralph Fox" <(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed) z.net...
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:17:36 -0600, in message
> <41ba030b$(E-Mail Removed)>, azscrewdriver wrote:
>
>> Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

> Generally speaking, apps are more likely to provide the ability to
> _import_ from equivalent apps made by other software manufacturers,
> and are less likely to provide _export_. (It's called reducing the
> entry costs, not reducing the exit costs).
>
> Ask Microsoft why MS-OE doesn't provide an import from Thunderbird
> (or generally from Unix mbox file format).
>
> Or ask in an OE newsgroup.
>

> And on another line, I wonder whether "The Bat" users get annoyed when
> people use TB for Thunderbird and not "The Bat".
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Ralph
>
> "There is only one boss, the customer. And he can fire everybody in
> the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money
> somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

Ralph Fox

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:19:58 -0600, in message
<41ba57f7$(E-Mail Removed)>, azscrewdriver wrote:

> that helped

Really?

It was intended as an observation on the modus operandi of the software business.

Leonidas Jones

Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:17:36 -0600, in message
> <41ba030b$(E-Mail Removed)>, azscrewdriver wrote:
>

>>Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

> Generally speaking, apps are more likely to provide the ability to
> _import_ from equivalent apps made by other software manufacturers,
> and are less likely to provide _export_. (It's called reducing the
> entry costs, not reducing the exit costs).
>
> Ask Microsoft why MS-OE doesn't provide an import from Thunderbird
> (or generally from Unix mbox file format).
>
> Or ask in an OE newsgroup.
>

> And on another line, I wonder whether "The Bat" users get annoyed when
> people use TB for Thunderbird and not "The Bat".

If this were a "The Bat" support group, I bet they woulr. Since we are
in alt.fan.mozilla, we are probably understood.

Lee

azscrewdriver

I was being sarcastic because I didn't know what you were trying to convey,
sorry

"Ralph Fox" <(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed) z.net...
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:19:58 -0600, in message
> <41ba57f7$(E-Mail Removed)>, azscrewdriver wrote:
>
>> that helped

> Really?
>
> It was intended as an observation on the modus operandi of the software
> business.

azscrewdriver

As it turns out it wasn't that hard.

First as suggested install Netscape 4.7, then find where Tbird stores the
all the mail files and copy them to the directory that Netscape stores the
mail files.
Open Netscape mail and (IMPORTANT) click on each mail file to read it in.
Close Netscape.
Then go to OE and import the files from Netscape.

"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:W8vud.1071070$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ralph Fox wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:17:36 -0600, in message
>> <41ba030b$(E-Mail Removed)>, azscrewdriver wrote:
>>

>>>Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

>> Generally speaking, apps are more likely to provide the ability to
>> _import_ from equivalent apps made by other software manufacturers, and
>> are less likely to provide _export_. (It's called reducing the
>> entry costs, not reducing the exit costs).
>>
>> Ask Microsoft why MS-OE doesn't provide an import from Thunderbird (or
>> generally from Unix mbox file format).
>>
>> Or ask in an OE newsgroup.
>>

>> And on another line, I wonder whether "The Bat" users get annoyed when
>> people use TB for Thunderbird and not "The Bat".
>>

> If this were a "The Bat" support group, I bet they woulr. Since we are in
> alt.fan.mozilla, we are probably understood.
>
> Lee

Splibbilla

Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> in
news:(E-Mail Removed) z.net:

> And on another line, I wonder whether "The Bat" users get annoyed when
> people use TB for Thunderbird and not "The Bat".

i read recently of HUGE HUGE HUGE trademark infringment lawsuit being filed by jointly by a HUGE HUGE HUGE consortium
of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (syn Tubercle bacillus)

--
WinMe, Moz 1.7.3, all profiles GoogleBar, IEView, ,,, and??? some bugmenot.jar, sage.jar,
usually java off, js on. trying out PrefBar v. 2.3.1, build date 20041003