Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Calendar popup - using ASP textbox instead of HTML textbox

Calendar popup - using ASP textbox instead of HTML textbox

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

I am trying to use a calendar popup to populate a date in a textbox. I am
using the example described in this article:

However, this article uses a regular HTML input box, and I need to use an
ASP Web control textbox. When the latter is rendered in the browser, some
extra stuff like _ctl0 is added to the name of the textbox. So the calendar
can't find the box to populate it.

Can you tell me how to modify the example in this article to work with an
ASP textbox instead of the input box? How do you know in advance what ASP is
going to name the text box?

Many thanks

Lucas Tam

"=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> I am trying to use a calendar popup to populate a date in a textbox.

Check out this popup control:

http://www.eworldui.net/CustomContro...ndarPopup.aspx

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Alex

I think I have come across something similar. If you are creating controls
dynamically you cannot get the actual name of the control until prerender.
What I would suggest doing is overriding your OnPreRender event and
determining the name of the control you need. There are a few ways to do
this. Perhaps this article will help.

http://muellerdesigns.net/DasBlog/Pe...7-2b227c921d7f

--
Alex Mueller

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to use a calendar popup to populate a date in a textbox. I am
> using the example described in this article:

> However, this article uses a regular HTML input box, and I need to use an
> ASP Web control textbox. When the latter is rendered in the browser, some
> extra stuff like _ctl0 is added to the name of the textbox. So the

calendar
> can't find the box to populate it.
>
> Can you tell me how to modify the example in this article to work with an
> ASP textbox instead of the input box? How do you know in advance what ASP

is
> going to name the text box?
>
> Many thanks

Peter Blum

I also make a popular DatePicker, "Peter's Date Package"
(http://www.peterblum.com/datecontrols/home.aspx). When I see people trying
to build their own, they usually don't realize that some very good ones are
already done and either cheap (like mine) or free.

Take a look through this thread: http://forums.asp.net/815867/ShowPost.aspx.
I give a number of reasons I rewrote my own calendar to stop using the popup
window and start using a javascript calendar.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

news(E-Mail Removed)...