Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Resources have the same manifest resource name

Resources have the same manifest resource name

Tom wilson

Resources 'Beneficiary.aspx.resx' and 'OveraAge.aspx.resx' have the
same manifest resource name 'Enroll.Beneficiary.resources'.

Umm... what's this mean? The first two are aspx page resource files.
I don't know what Enroll.Beneficiary.resources is, I don't have a page
by that name. The entire project is called Enroll. What's VS talking
about?

Thanks!

Tom wilson

Me again. I'm screwed with this, it's a massive asp.net application
that is about as good as a doorstop at the moment.

I've read around and there's something about the class name being
different. There's a help file in VS that tells me to rename the
resource files but from what to what? This error for example:

Resources 'ADD.aspx.resx' and 'Compensation.aspx.resx' have the same
manifest resource name 'Enroll.ThankYou.resources'.

ADD is an aspx page. It has a .resx and and .vb. They all have the
same name (i.e., this page does not reference Compensation.aspx.resx
in any way). The class names in each .vb file are all unique and
match the filenames.

What's Enroll.ThankYou.resources? I can't find a file by that name
anywhere.

Please help, there's nothing on the web, nothing on MS's support site
and I'm dead in the water.

Thanks!!!

Tom wilson

The solution:

Close VS and reload the project.

VS is buggy (IMO) in that when you copy and paste a webform in the
solution explorer, VS neglects to rename the class name. That wasn't
my problem, I saw that one and changed the class names right after I
copied the file(s). The manifest error would occur when the project
is built so I'm left there with 20+ manifest errors that won't go away
(even though there's no duplicate class names).

....Until I exit VS and reload the project. Then they all disappear.