Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Losing Session state after redirect to a different folder

Losing Session state after redirect to a different folder

scott_shuster@yahoo.com

Hi,

I need to preserve state as I'm Response.Redirecting to a page in a
subfolder elsewhere in my web.

However, everytime I redirect, my session vars are cleared out. Are
Session variables not persistent to redirects on pages in different
folders?

Scott

Marina

Different virtual directories = different applications

Each application has its own session state

They are not cleared out. Each application just has its own set.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I need to preserve state as I'm Response.Redirecting to a page in a
> subfolder elsewhere in my web.
>
> However, everytime I redirect, my session vars are cleared out. Are
> Session variables not persistent to redirects on pages in different
> folders?
>
> Scott

scott_shuster@yahoo.com

Thanks for your reply...

I'm running the whole web under one virtual directory. The 'subfolder'
I'm referring to is a folder underneath the same virtual directory.

Furthermore, I did a Response.Write on the Session.SessionID, and it
that DID persist to the page in the subfolder.