Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Parser Error - pls help

Parser Error - pls help

VB Programmer

If I run my ASP.NET solution locally it runs perfectly. I uploaded it to my
website and I keep getting this error on load..

Any ideas? Thanks.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'MyWeb.Global'.

Source Error:
Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="MyWeb.Global"
%>

Source File: c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxx\MyWeb\global.a sax Line:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2032

Craig Deelsnyder

VB Programmer wrote:
> If I run my ASP.NET solution locally it runs perfectly. I uploaded it to my
> website and I keep getting this error on load..
>
> Any ideas? Thanks.
>
> Server Error in '/' Application.
>
> Parser Error
> service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
> details and modify your source file appropriately.
>
> Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'MyWeb.Global'.
>
> Source Error:
> Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="MyWeb.Global"
> %>
>
> Source File: c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxx\MyWeb\global.a sax Line:
> 1

> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
> Version:1.1.4322.2032

Did you copy the bin/.dll file up there as well? It can't find the
compiled version of global.asax.vb

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

VB Programmer

Wierd. I recompiled and copied up the new DLL and the ASPX file up there it
was fine.
Thanks
news:uIBtJ%23%(E-Mail Removed)...