Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to implement a 'Select directory' dialog?

How to implement a 'Select directory' dialog?

Jay

I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I'd like to implement a Select Directory dialog for an intranet utility
I'm writing. I tried a couple approaches that didn't work out:
* I tried the WinForms FolderBrowserDialog control, but this of course
didn't work.
* I tried HtmlInputFile control, but was only able to specify files
(not folders).

I've also done the usual newsgroup searches, but the closest I came was
seeing other people post the same question.

This is going to be for an intranet utility.

Any ideas? What about a script embedded in an aspx?

thanks for any help
-Jay

Kevin Spencer

You would need an ActiveX Control, Java applet, or some similar client-side
executable to do this. Who knows? If you Google it, you might find something
ready-made.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer