Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > reinstalled xp mozilla won't run

reinstalled xp mozilla won't run

dabigguy

xp crashed and had to reinstall . When I click on Mozilla it will not
open..So probably lost registry so I uninstalled Mozilla then reinstalled
and still when trying to open Mozilla nothing happens...Thanks in advance

TheeBigguy

:: BRIAN ::

On 12/8/2004 10:20 PM dabigguy wrote:
> xp crashed and had to reinstall . When I click on Mozilla it will not
> open..So probably lost registry so I uninstalled Mozilla then reinstalled
> and still when trying to open Mozilla nothing happens...Thanks in advance

So you didn't do a "fresh" install of XP? I can't think of one registry
setting Mozilla must have in order to click and run the .exe file.

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/theferrets/email.htm

William W. Plummer

:: BRIAN :: wrote:
> On 12/8/2004 10:20 PM dabigguy wrote:
>
>> xp crashed and had to reinstall . When I click on Mozilla it will not
>> open..So probably lost registry so I uninstalled Mozilla then reinstalled
>> and still when trying to open Mozilla nothing happens...Thanks in advance

> So you didn't do a "fresh" install of XP? I can't think of one registry
> setting Mozilla must have in order to click and run the .exe file.
>
>> TheeBigguy

There is something flaky about that. I had the same experience after a
complete reinstall of Win2K into a freshly formatted partition. I'm
closing in on the problem. Today's theory is that the Administrators
group access to every thing has been cleared, so even though I am in
Administrators, I can't write any files. Attempts to reset the access
for Administrators doesn't work if I'm logged in as myself. I'll try
logging in a Administrator and expect that to work because files are
owned by BUILTIN\Administrator and the owner can always reset the access.