Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Installing ASP.NET application on IIS running on port 8080

Installing ASP.NET application on IIS running on port 8080

Punit Singhal via DotNetMonster.com

Hello,

I have built a ASP.NET application and created a installer with the help of
deployment wizard given in Visual Studio DotNet.

But I am unable to install the application when IIS is running on port
8080, it gets installed when IIS is running on default port 80.

The problem I faced is that I needed to create a folder in Program Files
folder, but when IIS is running on port 8080 the installer is not able to
create this folder in Program Files folder instead the folder is created
inside the virtual application folder.

=?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBNVlA=?=

I had this problem at a prior work assignment. We got rid of the installer
rather than solve the problem, however. The direction I would look is at
custom installer(s), as they will give you the ability to override the normal
install. I am not fully confident this scenario was envisioned, so it may not
work.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA