Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Synaptics Touchpad and Firefox scrolling problems

Synaptics Touchpad and Firefox scrolling problems

Shiranui Gen-An

I'm finding that the Synaptics Touchpad on my Dell Inspiron 4150 won't
scroll (either vertically or horizontally) in Firefox 1.0. I am indeed
using the lastest Synaptics driver, and am wondering if there is some
setting in about:config I need to change, or something that needs to be
added to user.js.

MyHelfy

This probably won't be any consolation, but you're not alone -- the
same thing's happened to my Synaptics Touchpad on my HP Pavillion
ze4500. Everything else appears to work just fine -- including the
shortcuts I've set in the corners of the pad. Just no scrolling, since
I downloaded the latest version of the driver.

If you haven't installed any new drivers on top of it (which I
unfortunately did), and you're using XP, you can try to roll back to
the older driver version through Control Panel > System > Hardware >
Device Manager. You should find the touchpad under "mice and other
pointing devices"; open that and head over to the Driver tab, and see
if you can get back to where you'd been before the "upgrade."

If anyone out there knows how to fix it for someone who can't turn back
the driver clock, I'd be very appreciative. So far unable to get a
response from the Synaptics support-ish folks.

Shiranui Gen-An wrote:
> I'm finding that the Synaptics Touchpad on my Dell Inspiron 4150

won't
> scroll (either vertically or horizontally) in Firefox 1.0. I am

indeed
> using the lastest Synaptics driver, and am wondering if there is some

> setting in about:config I need to change, or something that needs to

be
> added to user.js.

Moz Champion

Shiranui Gen-An wrote:

> I'm finding that the Synaptics Touchpad on my Dell Inspiron 4150 won't
> scroll (either vertically or horizontally) in Firefox 1.0. I am indeed
> using the lastest Synaptics driver, and am wondering if there is some
> setting in about:config I need to change, or something that needs to be
> added to user.js.

Try turning autoscroll Off, to see it that has any impact.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

prof752 prof752 is offline
Junior Member

Just download the new drivers (get the generic one) from Synaptics.
Then after installation you will be prompted to reboot, and then everything will work.
For Win XP the new driver version is 8.3.4

Drivers for all the different operating systems are here:

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm

Best

~prof

SHM and Touchpad Sparky Python 3 06-17-2009 08:22 PM
Synaptics touch pad problems Mad-Biker Computer Information 1 08-18-2007 11:35 AM
New Synaptics Touchpad drivers for Vista =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= Windows 64bit 0 06-11-2007 10:19 AM
Synaptics touchpad new x64 driver =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= Windows 64bit 0 04-11-2007 10:20 AM
Can Firefox use touchpad navigation? The Chairman Firefox 2 10-13-2005 12:57 PM

Advertisments