Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Edit in Master-Detail Grid

Edit in Master-Detail Grid

Ing. Rajesh Kumar

Hi Everybody
I have Master Detail Grids. In Master Grid I am adding some buttons with
different CommandNames. MasterGrid's OnItemCommand is as follows :
Sub MasterGrid_Command(sender As Object, e As DataGridCommandEventArgs)
IF E.CommandName = "xxx" Then
'Do Something
End IF
IF E.CommandName = "ShowDetails" Then
'Fill Details DataGrid
End IF
End Sub

In DetailsGrid I have an Edit button which fires the following SUB, where I
need help.
Sub DetailsGrid_Edit(s As Object, e As DataGridCommandEventArgs)
DetailsGrid.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex
MasterGrid_Command()
End Sub

I want to know, how should I pass the CommandName parameter "ShowDetails" to
the MasterGrid_Command() SUB to rebind the DetailsGrid Correctly ?

Thanks in advance
Raja