Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Handling multiple Asynch Web Service Calls from an ASP.NET Web Page

Handling multiple Asynch Web Service Calls from an ASP.NET Web Page

ghost@themachine.net

As the Subject indicates I have written a web page that makes use of
several web service calls.

Some of the web service calls are very fast so they called
synchronously. Some web service calls are longer running so I call
them asynch so that they can all run concurrently. The user base for
the application that I am creating demands the partial response of the
faster calls and a gradual update of their web page info from the
balance of the slower calls as the responses come in. .

How do I go about getting the results of the asynch calls out to the
web page?

It would be ideal if the page refreshed automatically.

You can contact me here in this newsgroup or at

Please note that you have to get rid of 'removeallofthiscrap' from my
email address.

Brock Allen

Fritz discusses creating async handlers and pages:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...g/default.aspx

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> As the Subject indicates I have written a web page that makes use of
> several web service calls.
>
> Some of the web service calls are very fast so they called
> synchronously. Some web service calls are longer running so I call
> them asynch so that they can all run concurrently. The user base for
> the application that I am creating demands the partial response of the
> faster calls and a gradual update of their web page info from the
> balance of the slower calls as the responses come in. .
>
> How do I go about getting the results of the asynch calls out to the
> web page?
>
> It would be ideal if the page refreshed automatically.
>
> You can contact me here in this newsgroup or at
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Please note that you have to get rid of 'removeallofthiscrap' from my
> email address.

ghost@themachine.net

Thanks... this was interesting, but I already have adequate asynch
handlers on the server. What I need is a method of getting the data
back to the client as each asynch web service completes.