Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > RadioButton AutoPostBack does not execute JavaScript

RadioButton AutoPostBack does not execute JavaScript

Hi everybody,

I have a Web form with something like:
<form id="Form1" method="post" onsubmit="javascript:submitForm();"
runat="server">

I need the JavaScript function submitForm() to execute everytime the form is
submitted.

I also have two RadioButtons with AutoPostBack set to true.

The problem is when I click on one of the radio button, the form is posted
back, but the JavaScript is not executed. Is there a way to get some
JavaScript to execute everytime the Web form is posted back?

Thanks in advance.

JustinBlat

The radio buttons you are using do not submit the form the same way a
button does. The OnSubmit event of the form object only fires when a
button of type Submit fires the event. When a radio button ( or
checkbox, or dropdownlist) is set to autopostback, that postback occurs
via the __doPostback function generated automatically by ASP.NET. This
function takes an eventTarget and an eventArgument, and posts this data
back to the sever. To see an example of this, view the HTML source on
your page. One way to get around this problem is to override the
__doPostback event in javascript, and execute your script from there.
One such example can be found here:

http://weblogs.asp.net/vga/archive/2...InWhidbey.aspx

Hope this has been helpful, Good Luck!