Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > objects retaining values among computers

objects retaining values among computers

=?Utf-8?B?Y0ZsZXVyeQ==?=

The forms in my application are retaining the values objects have (text box,
datagrid, public vars, etc…) among different computers in the network, for
example if you as result of entering a name in a text box have a datagrid
listing matches from a database’s table, and then walk to another computer
and go to the same system option which should display a screen with empty
fields at startup, it will be showing the same data in the fields as of the
other computer you just left…….I have not done anything unusual in the IIS
setup and neither have I done any programming to support this behavior, I
actually not even know how to force this behavior even if I wanted it……

Please help….

Thanks

C.Fleury

Bruce Barker

you probably stored your field values in a vb shared module. unlike vb6,
these are shared between all threads in the appdomain. this means every
browser request is using the same data. you need to switch to a session
model.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"cFleury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The forms in my application are retaining the values objects have (text
> box,
> datagrid, public vars, etc.) among different computers in the network, for
> example if you as result of entering a name in a text box have a datagrid
> listing matches from a database's table, and then walk to another computer
> and go to the same system option which should display a screen with empty
> fields at startup, it will be showing the same data in the fields as of
> the
> other computer you just left...I have not done anything unusual in the IIS
> setup and neither have I done any programming to support this behavior, I
> actually not even know how to force this behavior even if I wanted it..
>
> Please help..
>
> Thanks
>
> C.Fleury

=?Utf-8?B?Y0ZsZXVyeQ==?=

Bruce,

I have all my structures defined as public in a VB module....is that what
you mean ?. How can I have the same in a session mode (sorry for the
ignorance) ?

Thanks

C.Fleury