Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird - viewing and deleting email on server

Thunderbird - viewing and deleting email on server

Lefty Mills

In Thunderbird, is it possible to view and delete email while it is still
on the internet provider's server?
If so, how?

L.

Danny Colyer

Lefty Mills wondered:
> In Thunderbird, is it possible to view and delete email while it is still
> on the internet provider's server?
> If so, how?

If you want to do that (and as long as you're happy to view all messages
as plain text without having access to attachments) then you'd be better
off using Mailwasher (although it looks as though the free version may
no longer be available):
<URL:http://www.mailwasher.net/>

After you've deleted what you don't want from the server, then you can
download as normal using TB.

Kneewax

Danny Colyer wrote:
> Lefty Mills wondered:
>
>> In Thunderbird, is it possible to view and delete email while it is
>> still on the internet provider's server?
>> If so, how?

> If you want to do that (and as long as you're happy to view all messages
> as plain text without having access to attachments) then you'd be better
> off using Mailwasher (although it looks as though the free version may
> no longer be available):
> <URL:http://www.mailwasher.net/>
>
> After you've deleted what you don't want from the server, then you can
> download as normal using TB.

TB Does have a filter setting that allows you to automatically delete
mails from the server based on certain criteria (i.e. from a known
spammer etc). But I haven't found a way of viewing those messages first.

Cheers
Kneewax

History is an illusion caused by the passage of time.
Time is an illusion caused by the passage of History
- Wave Harmonic Theory of
Historical Perception (DNA)

Make my 'cold' a 'hot' to mail me!