Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Change Default Bookmark Direcotry

Change Default Bookmark Direcotry

Kevin Cornwell

I want to my bookmarks to save to a directory that I choose rather
than the $profile$ directory. Anyone know how?
-kc

Ralph Fox

On 4 Dec 2004 13:23:42 -0800, in message
<(E-Mail Removed) >, Kevin Cornwell wrote:

> I want to my bookmarks to save to a directory that I choose rather
> than the $profile$ directory. Anyone know how?

You haven't said, so I assume you are using Mozilla, and not for
example Mozilla Firefox.

1. Place a copy of the bookmarks.html file in a directory that you choose.

2. From the Bookmark Manager window, use
Tools -> Open Bookmark File
and select the bookmarks.html file which you have already placed in
a directory that you choose.

This tells Mozilla to use this bookmarks.html file in this directory
as the bookmarks file.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

:: BRIAN ::

On 12/4/2004 4:23 PM Kevin Cornwell wrote:
> I want to my bookmarks to save to a directory that I choose rather
> than the $profile$ directory. Anyone know how?

I share bookmarks between Mozilla and Firefox. You can add the
following information to your user.js file. This information is from
the Mozilla.org "Firefox: Tips and Tricks" section. This will work with
both Firefox and Mozilla.

// Specify which bookmarks file to use:
user_pref("browser.bookmarks.file", "C:\\Path To Netscape
Profile\\bookmarks.html");

--
Brian

Email Info -