Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How can i share asp session data with asp.net session data

How can i share asp session data with asp.net session data

far asl via DotNetMonster.com

I have developed my site admin pages some in asp while others are in
asp.net. I have problem that i cannot share session variables of both
alternatively.
Actually i save my userid in session variable.Index page is in asp.After
login page a details page is in asp.net. Now thsi details page can be
accessed directly through url. I WANT TO USE THE SESSION VARIABLE CREATED
IN INDEX.ASP IN ASP.NET.

MESSAGE POSTEDBY: FARHAD

Peter Rilling

You cannot. You will have to find some other way of sharing the information
like using a database or something to hold the information you need to
share.

"far asl via DotNetMonster.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:70d1c5d314a9416a8d9d936470131c7f@DotNetMonste r.com...
> I have developed my site admin pages some in asp while others are in
> asp.net. I have problem that i cannot share session variables of both
> alternatively.
> Actually i save my userid in session variable.Index page is in asp.After
> login page a details page is in asp.net. Now thsi details page can be
> accessed directly through url. I WANT TO USE THE SESSION VARIABLE CREATED
> IN INDEX.ASP IN ASP.NET.
>

> MESSAGE POSTEDBY: FARHAD

Todd Zetlan

There is a 3rd party component called StateStitch from Consonica. Check it
out at www.consonica.com/solutions/statestitch.

--
TODD ZETLAN
"far asl via DotNetMonster.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:70d1c5d314a9416a8d9d936470131c7f@DotNetMonste r.com...
> I have developed my site admin pages some in asp while others are in
> asp.net. I have problem that i cannot share session variables of both
> alternatively.
> Actually i save my userid in session variable.Index page is in asp.After
> login page a details page is in asp.net. Now thsi details page can be
> accessed directly through url. I WANT TO USE THE SESSION VARIABLE CREATED
> IN INDEX.ASP IN ASP.NET.
>

> MESSAGE POSTEDBY: FARHAD

=?Utf-8?B?VmliaHUgQmFuc2Fs?=

Hi,

Please check out the artcile http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20021207.asp

In the source code, you need to make some changes like bring the code from
HTML to a VB file etc to get it working. You may contact me for more
information if required.

Regards,

Vibhu Bansal.
MSN: vibhub