Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > no write permissions

no write permissions

Jimmy

Hi

I trying to create a new directory "newdir" but i get the error:

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MakeLab4\newdir" is denied.

I think i have to grant the necessary permissions. Where can i do that
because in the explorer i can't find the security tab.

ch Jim

Eliyahu Goldin

From security point of view, it is not a good idea to create directories on
fly in web applications. Even if you manage to in development environment,
production server security will be stricter. I couldn't get it work even in
development. Try to re-organize your data to use static directories.

Eliyahu

"Jimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I trying to create a new directory "newdir" but i get the error:
>
> Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
> "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MakeLab4\newdir" is denied.
>
> I think i have to grant the necessary permissions. Where can i do that
> because in the explorer i can't find the security tab.
>

> ch Jim

Kevin Spencer

Hi Jim,

It sounds like you're using Windows XP, not Server 2003. Windows XP by
default hides the Security settings for folders. You have to go into the
Folder Options applet in Control Panel, go to the View tab, and uncheck
"Simple File Sharing" to be able to see and manage file system security.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP