Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox plus and minus

Firefox plus and minus

Trond Ruud

I'm very impressed with the Firefox, and it seems to improve with every new
release, but in one department:
The favorites/Bookmarks menu it's behind Internet Explorer
In Firefox, the imported bookmarks folders are all expanded. Making it next
to impossible to locate specific links in specific folders (imported from
Internet Explorer), and i believe the ability to organize the links in a
manner that make them easy to find is essential in any browser
Trond Ruud

:: BRIAN ::

(On 12/3/2004 9:13 PM) Trond Ruud wrote:
> I'm very impressed with the Firefox, and it seems to improve with every new
> release, but in one department:
> The favorites/Bookmarks menu it's behind Internet Explorer
> In Firefox, the imported bookmarks folders are all expanded. Making it next
> to impossible to locate specific links in specific folders (imported from
> Internet Explorer), and i believe the ability to organize the links in a
> manner that make them easy to find is essential in any browser

I've seen this complaint before. Personally I like the Firefox Bookmark
Manager over IE's "Organize Favorites". I haven't imported IE
Favorites (since I don't have any except the defaults) into Firefox in a
long time. I guess I don't quite understand what your complaint is...
if the folders are expanded, then collapse them; move them around how
ever you want to. Why are you having trouble organizing your links around?

Like I said... I guess I don't understand where you are coming from.
But I'm sure you will reply and let me know <g>.

--

I'll take the little annoyances that bother people with Firefox (which
never seem to bother me), over IE problems though

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 - [http://secunia.com/product/11/]
Product Affected By: 70 Secunia Advisories

Currently, 18 out of 70 Secunia advisories, is marked as "Unpatched" in
the Secunia database.

vs.

Mozilla Firefox 1.x - [http://secunia.com/product/4227/]
Product Affected By: 0 Secunia Advisories

The Secunia database currently contains 0 Secunia advisories marked as
"Unpatched", which affects Mozilla Firefox 1.x.

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Trond Ruud

After having used Internet Explorer for almost 10 years, I have quite a
large number of IE bookmarks/favorites of course
and I have imported them into Firefox for the simple reason that I often use
them and need them, which is why I saved them in the first place of course,
and I am for the life of me, unable to understand why Firefox has to be
contrary to most standards regarding bookmarks by applying an "all folders
expanded" as the _default_ setting for imported favorites. Especially since
it doesn't apply that system for the bookmarks defined/saved by Firefox
itself, where _none_ of the folders are expanded by default Are there any
specific reason(s) for this, that I fail to see? Anyway this problem forces
me keep IE as my default browser, since the time consuming, needle in a
haystack searching for bookmarks in Firefox' imported bookmarks is simply
very inefficient and extremely annoying.
Trond Ruud