Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > firefox slow to save images

firefox slow to save images

Bob

Hi Group,
When I right-click an image and choose "save image as", my system crashes
for about 20 seconds. Wont respond to any command. Then it frees up and I'm
back to normal. I can save instantly in IE and also Firefox on my laptop
works normally. I do all my regular maintenance, clean out cache, temp files
every day, run adware, spyware, etc. There's just a conflict of some sort on
my system. Any ideas will be appreciated.
Bob

:: BRIAN ::

(On 12/2/2004 2:13 PM) Bob wrote:
> Hi Group,
> When I right-click an image and choose "save image as", my system crashes
> for about 20 seconds. Wont respond to any command. Then it frees up and I'm
> back to normal. I can save instantly in IE and also Firefox on my laptop
> works normally. I do all my regular maintenance, clean out cache, temp files
> every day, run adware, spyware, etc. There's just a conflict of some sort on
> my system. Any ideas will be appreciated.

1. Close Firefox
2. Go to your profile folder
3. Delete the following:
a) Cache Folder
b) Cache.trash Folder
c) downloads.rdf

Profile folder locations:
[http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit]

Start Firefox and see if you still have the problem. Report back.

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Bob

Thank you Brian. That took care of it. Snaps back in a flash.
Bob

":: BRIAN ::" <user@127.0.1.1> wrote in message
> (On 12/2/2004 2:13 PM) Bob wrote:
>> Hi Group,
>> When I right-click an image and choose "save image as", my system crashes
>> for about 20 seconds. Wont respond to any command. Then it frees up and
>> I'm back to normal. I can save instantly in IE and also Firefox on my
>> laptop works normally. I do all my regular maintenance, clean out cache,
>> temp files every day, run adware, spyware, etc. There's just a conflict
>> of some sort on my system. Any ideas will be appreciated.

> 1. Close Firefox
> 2. Go to your profile folder
> 3. Delete the following:
> a) Cache Folder
> b) Cache.trash Folder
> c) downloads.rdf
>
> Profile folder locations:
> [http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit]
>
> Start Firefox and see if you still have the problem. Report back.
>
>> Bob

> --
> Brian
>
> Email Info -
> http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

lrf155@newsguy.com

Thanks Bob, solved nicely my problem too!

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:19:51 -0500 :: BRIAN :: <user@127.0.1.1> wrote in
article <zpNrd.390484$a85.45481@fed1read04>:

>(On 12/2/2004 2:13 PM) Bob wrote:
>> Hi Group,
>> When I right-click an image and choose "save image as", my system crashes
>> for about 20 seconds. Wont respond to any command. Then it frees up and I'm
>> back to normal. I can save instantly in IE and also Firefox on my laptop
>> works normally. I do all my regular maintenance, clean out cache, temp files
>> every day, run adware, spyware, etc. There's just a conflict of some sort on
>> my system. Any ideas will be appreciated.

>1. Close Firefox
>2. Go to your profile folder
>3. Delete the following:
> a) Cache Folder
> b) Cache.trash Folder
> c) downloads.rdf
>
>Profile folder locations:
>[http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit]
>
>Start Firefox and see if you still have the problem. Report back.

--
JM