Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET acting weird in Windows 2003 server

ASP.NET acting weird in Windows 2003 server

David

My asp.net app is working perfectly in WinXP Pro. However when I moved
it to IIS running on win2003 a lot of functionality just don't work. I
don't even get any error just no response or queries not working
properly.

Is there anything else I need to do when running asp.net app under
win2003?

Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVs?=

Looks like a typical case of installing the iis after the .Net framework.

Take a look at: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306005

Michel

"David" wrote:

> My asp.net app is working perfectly in WinXP Pro. However when I moved
> it to IIS running on win2003 a lot of functionality just don't work. I
> don't even get any error just no response or queries not working
> properly.
>
> Is there anything else I need to do when running asp.net app under
> win2003?
>
> Thanks.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Don't forget that Windows 2003 is locked down by default. You have to switch
ASP.NET on.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> My asp.net app is working perfectly in WinXP Pro. However when I moved
> it to IIS running on win2003 a lot of functionality just don't work. I
> don't even get any error just no response or queries not working
> properly.
>
> Is there anything else I need to do when running asp.net app under
> win2003?
>
> Thanks.

RichardF

How do you switch ASP.NET on?

RichardF

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:15:13 -0500, "Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Don't forget that Windows 2003 is locked down by default. You have to switch
>ASP.NET on.
>
>"David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>> My asp.net app is working perfectly in WinXP Pro. However when I moved
>> it to IIS running on win2003 a lot of functionality just don't work. I
>> don't even get any error just no response or queries not working
>> properly.
>>
>> Is there anything else I need to do when running asp.net app under
>> win2003?
>>
>> Thanks.

Kevin Spencer

IIS Admin tool.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

"RichardF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do you switch ASP.NET on?
>
> RichardF
>
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:15:13 -0500, "Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Don't forget that Windows 2003 is locked down by default. You have to
>>switch
>>ASP.NET on.
>>
>>"David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>>> My asp.net app is working perfectly in WinXP Pro. However when I moved
>>> it to IIS running on win2003 a lot of functionality just don't work. I
>>> don't even get any error just no response or queries not working
>>> properly.
>>>
>>> Is there anything else I need to do when running asp.net app under
>>> win2003?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre

Open the IIS MMC; scroll to "Web Service Extensions"

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol