Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Load Report Fails on ASP.NET app when report is on a different ser

Load Report Fails on ASP.NET app when report is on a different ser

=?Utf-8?B?aHVicmlzdGljYm9i?=

hi,

this might be an easy one to answer but I can't find the info on this. I am
building an ASP.NET application that displays crystal reports from a network
location. I can load any report on my local machine without a problem, but I
can't use either a UNC or a mapped drive to load the remote ones: - whenever
I try, it simply errors out with 'Load Report Fails". Does anybody know how
I can get around this problem and get the application to point at the remote
reports and not error out?

Brock Allen

I suspect you're failing because the user that the ASP.NET code is running
as doesn't have permissions across the network to the resoucres you're trying
to access. If you're running under IIS5 (W2K) then you will need to change
the identity of the worker process in machine.config in the <processModel>
element to a network/domain account that does have read permissions for the
network resource. If you're running under IIS6 (W2K3) and under ActiveDirectory
then all you need to do is grant the necessary permissions to the network
resource to the MACHINE$ account where MACHINE is the W2K3 server's name.
If you're not running under AD then you need to change the identity of the
AppPool to an account that does have access tot he resources. This is done
on the "Identity" tab once you have the properties for the AppPool (again
in IIS). I'd suggest making a new AppPool is you're taking this last approach.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen