Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Walnut theme for Thunderbird 0.9

Walnut theme for Thunderbird 0.9

timbo

Is this usual behaviour?

I was looking for this theme for v0.9, having used it
in v0.8, but no luck. Then I learned from
http://home.unet.nl/alfredkayser/moz...hunderbird.htm
that the 0.8 version had been updated for 0.9, but I
couldn't get TB to accept it as a valid theme.

Then, I tried simply renaming the .jar file to end
"0.9" rather than "0.8". And - aha - now it accepted
it and I have the theme back.

Can this be sensible?

Change red to blue in email address when replying

Leonidas Jones

timbo wrote:
> Is this usual behaviour?
>
> I was looking for this theme for v0.9, having used it in v0.8, but no
> luck. Then I learned from
> http://home.unet.nl/alfredkayser/moz...hunderbird.htm
> that the 0.8 version had been updated for 0.9, but I couldn't get TB to
> accept it as a valid theme.
>
> Then, I tried simply renaming the .jar file to end "0.9" rather than
> "0.8". And - aha - now it accepted it and I have the theme back.
>
> Can this be sensible?

That's a new one.

I got the ols version of Walnut to work by opening the jar file, and
editing install.js to increase the maxversion to 0.9. I suspect this
has already been done with this.

Lee

Your Worst Nightmare

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> timbo wrote:
>
>> Is this usual behaviour?
>>
>> I was looking for this theme for v0.9, having used it in v0.8, but no
>> luck. Then I learned from
>> http://home.unet.nl/alfredkayser/moz...hunderbird.htm
>> that the 0.8 version had been updated for 0.9, but I couldn't get TB
>> to accept it as a valid theme.
>>
>> Then, I tried simply renaming the .jar file to end "0.9" rather than
>> "0.8". And - aha - now it accepted it and I have the theme back.
>>
>> Can this be sensible?
>>

> That's a new one.
>
> I got the ols version of Walnut to work by opening the jar file, and
> editing install.js to increase the maxversion to 0.9. I suspect this
> has already been done with this.
>
> Lee

How did u open it and edit it?

--
"You can go a long way with a smile.
You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun."

Leonidas Jones

Your Worst Nightmare wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> timbo wrote:
>>
>>> Is this usual behaviour?
>>>
>>> I was looking for this theme for v0.9, having used it in v0.8, but no
>>> luck. Then I learned from
>>> http://home.unet.nl/alfredkayser/moz...hunderbird.htm
>>> that the 0.8 version had been updated for 0.9, but I couldn't get TB
>>> to accept it as a valid theme.
>>>
>>> Then, I tried simply renaming the .jar file to end "0.9" rather than
>>> "0.8". And - aha - now it accepted it and I have the theme back.
>>>
>>> Can this be sensible?
>>>

>> That's a new one.
>>
>> I got the ols version of Walnut to work by opening the jar file, and
>> editing install.js to increase the maxversion to 0.9. I suspect this
>> has already been done with this.
>>
>> Lee

> How did u open it and edit it?

A jar file is just a zip file by another name. Rename the extension
from jar to zip, and open it with a zip extractor. Find the file
install.rdf. (Sorry I mistyped earlier.) Open it in a text editor. Look
for the line saying maxversion, and change it to match the version of
the ap being used. Save it, and close the sip archive. Rename the
archive to jar. Install the theme.

Lee

Your Worst Nightmare

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Your Worst Nightmare wrote:

>>> That's a new one.
>>>
>>> I got the ols version of Walnut to work by opening the jar file, and
>>> editing install.js to increase the maxversion to 0.9. I suspect this
>>> has already been done with this.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> How did u open it and edit it?
>>

> A jar file is just a zip file by another name. Rename the extension
> from jar to zip, and open it with a zip extractor. Find the file
> install.rdf. (Sorry I mistyped earlier.) Open it in a text editor. Look
> for the line saying maxversion, and change it to match the version of
> the ap being used. Save it, and close the sip archive. Rename the
> archive to jar. Install the theme.
>
> Lee

Thanks. My problem was when I opened up the install.rdf, I got random
garbage. But I tried it again, and everything worked perfectly for the
Noia theme.

Thanks much

Walnut Beach Mike Digital Photography 8 08-03-2006 01:20 AM
Thunderbird Theme problem Watchman Firefox 2 03-11-2005 01:56 AM
[Thunderbird] How can I create my theme? Charles Firefox 0 11-02-2003 07:11 PM

Advertisments